How Dysfunctional A Witness Were You?

by minimus 25 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

When someone is always told they must "do more", you have to wonder------ what are they really after?? They really want ALL of your time, all of YOU! Because no one can give all to anyone or anything, they make you feel guilty, as if you've disappointed your loving heavenly Father.

• xjwms
    xjwms

Lets just put the FUN

back in dysfunctional.

• steve2
    steve2
    On the other hand if you do whats right, even though you will be black balled, you will be happy.

Actually Agapa37 may have a valid point: Some personality types do flourish in the JW environment.

Example: An elder in the local congregation in perfectly good standing whose mentally unwell wife - also a JW - committed suicide. Her funeral was held swiftly (not in a kingdom hall), with everything being kept hush, hush, and he was out dating within months and married again within 18 months. What a fine example he was!!! So strong in the faith. I've no doubt his cold personality "type" would have also flourished in any kind of sectarian environment!!

• blondie
    blondie

Lets just put the FUN

back in dysfunctional.

Very cute (smile).

Actually, I wasn't dysfunctional which is which is why I did not fit in with my family.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

I was never dysfunctional, but I am dismembered

Dismembered

• minimus
    minimus

unremembered, you say?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit