True story or JW Folklore?

by Do Not Call 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Some of these sound familiar. Hadn't heard of the compromising couple, though!

Wasn't there a 'sister' who hid banned literature in her oven? Like on the checkpoints, the guards never found it because Jehovah was protecting his people!!

(Or were the guards all men? You know men stare into the cupboard unable to see the item they're looking for!
    "Darling, did you forget to buy butter this week?" He asks whilst staring at 4 tubs of the stuff!)

Only joking, men friends!

• Dune
    Dune

I was reading a stephen king book during field ministry and this sister noticed. She went on and on about how she used to read S.K and came under demon attack. I've read most of King's novels and i'm now on Neil Gaiman, no demons yet

Its amazing how you hear all these stories but never question the validity.

• Gadget
    Gadget
    How about: brothers smuggling banned literature into an off-limits country, stopped by border police who open every WBTS publication in their truck and fan through, looking for currency, and not noticing that the books are contraband?

This one is actually believable. Theres been research done that shows when doing searching like that the longer you search the more you miss. An experiment showed that for the first 20 minutes a participant found 19 out of 20 items of contraband. For a second period of 20 minutes the participant found only 10 out of 20 items. For a third period of 20 minutes, the participant only found 1 out of 20 items. The bags were the same ones each time, the only difference was how long the guard had been searching without a break.

• Mary
    Mary
    I was reading a stephen king book during field ministry and this sister noticed. She went on and on about how she used to read S.K and came under demon attack.

Geeze....I wonder what would happen to her if you sent her a copy of Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone?

• undercover
    undercover

OK this is embarrassing...but here goes:

Back when I was still in and accepted the fact that we would be persecuted and banned one day, I bought a house partly because I saw where it would be easy to build some false walls and create hiding places for literature.

• tan
    tan

I remember hearing of a story that one of the young sisters got a manequinn doll from her mother who had gotten it from a yard sale. That every time she would move the dolls eyes would follow her. They also said that when they tried to burn it it wouldn't. The moral behind this story is that you should always pray over yard sale items before or after buying them.

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Undercover,

You are a brave man for admitting that!

I remember one apartment I moved into that I really liked and it was very affordable, I told my hubby we can stay here until the new system arrives. Of course the new "system" did not arrive in time and the rent went up sky high and I found it was cheaper to buy my own home then to rent. Oh well.

We had lots of demunz in the Hingham MA congregation thats for sure. Thats all you ever heard; sister A's car broke down in service - "Satan wants me to be discouraged". Brother B is diagnosed with a chronic illness "It is the demons persecuting me". This happened over and over and included some thinking demons were behind a job loss, any illness, children being disobedient, unexpected bills due, breaking a leg, not getting a talk done in time, getting a head cold when you wanted to go out in service, I mean EVERYTHING! Someone should really get those demons another hobby. Lilly

• Do Not Call
    Do Not Call

Undercover, that was really funny.

Don't be embarrassed; I used to lose sleep, as a child, over which cuddly toy to grab when the tribulation started so I could at least save one of my furry, inanimate friends and take him to Paradise!

We need the therapy that is JWD.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

LOL

Don't forget about the loyal FDS who trekked 100 miles both ways through the jungle, only to be stopped by guerrila warriors or whatever. When the guerillas ask who they are they say, ''Jehovah's Witnesses'' and there's always at least ONE guerilla who's aunt/cousin/baby's momma daddy is a JW and they say, ''They are good people. Let them pass.''

Oh....and one of the guerillas always becomes interested, leaves the warriors, studies, gets baptized, and runs into above said brother at some convention/assembly down the road and they cry and hug.

I felt so cynical when I did not buy these experiances............glad I was not alone.

purps

thanks for a good laugh this morning

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

My father in law built several of the houses they lived in and always put a bible and some literature in the walls. I wonder if the people that have lived there after them have felt the house was demon possessed? lol

I remember hearing all the stories about the smurfs, certain records played backwards that had worship Satan or something like that, then all my friends had to throw out their albums, the tea cup bought at a yard sale that wouldn't break, yadda yadda yadda! lol

BB

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit