Please help with techno skills!!

by J-ex-W 11 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I have been trying and trying to figure out how to do some things on this board that others seem to have down pat. How do I cut and paste or whatever so that I can show someone else's quote or partial quote before my response? You know--the boxed quotes I keep seeing. How do I do that? Also, how do I cut and paste a hyperlink to my browser to make it work?

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

This forum really hates MACs... I cant even hit enter on my computer to start a new paragraph or get some space. I really wish that I could quote people too...

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Sad thing is, I don't have a Mac, so I can't even blame my trouble on that.... Need some tech-ie guidance here......

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

If you are using a Mac, like me, remember to remove the 'tick' from "Check here to use HTML formatting" and add a 'tick' to "Automatic Cr/Lf".

To cut and paste, highlight the phrase you want (either right-click and hold across the phrase, or place the cursor at the start of hte phase and while holding down the 'shift' button, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight your phrase) and then use the copy keyboard shortcut (For PC: 'ctrl' + the 'C' key For Mac: 'apple' key + the 'C' key) got to the place you want to insert the phrase and use the paste keyboard shortcut (For PC: 'ctrl' + the 'V' key For Mac: 'apple' key + the 'V' key). Alternatively these options are also under the 'Edit' menu.

If you are using a PC and Internet Explorer then you also have the option to use the forum's quote boxes, which, if I remember correctly, are located just after the subject box, and look like a speech bubble.

steve

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

I know back in the day when I first got on JWD I had no poblumes Posting or quoting doing anything that I wanted for the most part, But there where only a few 1000"s poster back then. Then one day the formating of the forum changed... I realy wish that there was a preview "post option" on this forum too...

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

To cut and paste, highlight the phrase you want (either right-click and hold across the phrase, or place the cursor at the start of hte phase and while holding down the 'shift' button, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to highlight your phrase) and then use the copy keyboard shortcut (For PC: 'ctrl' + the 'C' key For Mac: 'apple' key + the 'C' key) got to the place you want to insert the phrase and use the paste keyboard shortcut (For PC: 'ctrl' + the 'V' key For Mac: 'apple' key + the 'V' key). Alternatively these options are also under the 'Edit' menu.

Okay, I managed to transfer the quote to the 'reply' page and even to get the quote box to appear on my screen. (Thanks for that!) ...Now how do I get the quote to go into the quote box?

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

J-ex-W: ..Now how do I get the quote to go into the quote box?

Put your cursor into the box and then paste.

steve

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

And BTW, while we're at it, I have a couple questions posted under the Relationships: "Online Dating Etiquette." I got one response from Jim_TX, but it brought more questions. Looking for feedback...anyone--please?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W
    J-ex-W: ..Now how do I get the quote to go into the quote box?

Put your cursor into the box and then paste.

steve

Cool!! ...Does it always make the print way smaller, or is that something I did wrong?

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Thanks Steve...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit