Baptized and offered a bible Study?

by Dune 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Dune
    Dune

Long story short.

Fading for about 5 months, got the inevitable elder visit, basically did the "i'm busy with school and work" bit, hinted at not believing in the religion anymore, but didnt push it enough to be labeled an apostate.

At the end of the 'visit', the elders offered me a bible study.

What i want to know is if anyone ever accepts the bible study? I mean, you already went through it when you got baptized why would you go through the entire process once again?

Isnt it obvious that the bible study didnt work last time?

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts
    What i want to know is if anyone ever accepts the bible study? I mean, you already went through it when you got baptized why would you go through the entire process once again? Isnt it obvious that the bible study didnt work last time?

ah but they can count the time cuz it's special circumstances.. gotta keep the time card hours up you know!

• juni
    juni

You are considered spiritually weak Dune. They want to jump start ya! They start w/the home bible study and after a few lessons then they put the pressure on to get back to the hall. Then from there it goes to getting back in the routine of field service and then from there getting back to giving talks.

I speak from experience. Don't expect to just have a home bible study open ended to keep them off your back. THEY WILL start pushing you - they'll offer to take you to the Hall too. When you don't advance then they start asking you how you actually feel. Their questions are designed to make a person feel like **** and guilty. Puts in to question your love for God.

See. Going to meetings, field service and the whole WTB&TS gamut of directives = your love for God. Then they add insult to injury saying, "Perhaps you don't have true love for Jehovah."

At some point you have to take a stand. Do what is best for you and your situation.

Best to you,

Juni

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Tell them you would love to study the BIBLE, ask them to come over and WE will read just the Bible and let us use multiple translations to add flavor to it, the Society does this in their publication. Not pre-conceived ideas being brought up but we will ask God's HS to direct our thoughts and perhaps use the Emphatic Diaglott and texts to see if this cooresponds to the original Greek text and let us ask God to direct our thoughts as Jesus said

Matt 18:20 20 For where two or three gather together as my followers,I am there among them.”

Tell them that you would love to have Jesus conduct the study as said in the previous verse. he said would be there. No publication just the Bible and then point to

1 Cor 14:29-31 29 Let two or three people prophesy, and let the others evaluate what is said. 30 But if someone is prophesying and another person receives a revelation from the Lord, the one who is speaking must stop. 31 In this way, all who prophesy will have a turn to speak, one after the other, so that everyone will learn and be encouraged.

So all can be used to further the true knowledge of the Bible as God and Christ dierct your thoughts,

Ask them to explain any other way scripturally and no the Ethopian Enuch wouldnt work because as soon as he was baptised he was on his merry way and if that is what they are suggesting then you want to go the same route. No study required, no congregation to attend, no FS report to turn in, no connection with a publishing company, no questions to be directed to him from anyone,

Or maybe you want to have the same study that Cornelius had after his baptism or even before.

They are trying to wipe out and re-boot your hard drive and set up their programs. If you succomb, I hope you don't have enough memory to keep their programs running, shut down., lock up.

abr

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit