Know of any Ex-Bethelites, and or stories?

by new boy 5 Replies latest jw friends

• new boy
    new boy

I have plenty............ but would Love to here yours.

NB

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I have heard of kegs being rolled up the steps, drunkeness, homosexuality, heavy metal music and wild parties AT bethel.

abr

• Paisley
    Paisley

New boy, looks like no one has any Bethel stories but you and Randy Watters - so go ahead! More! They make my day.

• ithinkisee
    ithinkisee

Well, I posted a link to mine on your post, but I'll post it again here since this thread is specifically for that:

IThinkISee's Bethel Experience

By the way. I worked with Wilmer Ruth in the department he was in in the early 90's. I also went to his congregation so I knew him pretty well.

-ithinkisee

• Fe2O3Girl
  • kerj2leev
    kerj2leev

I went there for 2 weeks on the temporary work program, that was enough for me to know I wouldn't be back! It seemed to me that it was a bunch of guys who wouldn't have made it anywhere else in life, all of a sudden thrown into positions of power.

I remember I had the "privilege" of taking a day trip up to Patterson, they were in the intial phase of building. Our group was in charge of painting the exterior of some off-site residences. It was just about time for lunch, so we started to clean up. Apparently the plumber was working on the kitchen sink, but left before everything was hooked-up, when we poored our 5 gallon bucket of dirty water out in the sink it just poored out all over the floor!!

As I was on the floor with another guy cleaning it up the overseer came into see how things were going He was a shorter guy in his early thirties, definately used his position to make himself feel taller. For some reason he had taken me under his wing, so I was able to walk around with him as he was "overseeing" things. Knowing his tendencies for being a hot head, I thought "here we go time for the royal reeming", but I was mistaken he just asked what happened and helped clean-up! I thought wow this is a change, how nice!

After lunch we came back to the home, and guess who was there, yep the plumber! Young guy in his twenties, I had talked with him breifly, seemed to be a bit on the shy side. Well as he was working on the sink the overseer comes in and immedatly starts screaming at him. Its seems our overseer was just stewing about this over lunch and couldn't wait to unleash his fury on this poor guy! Being the smart-ass that I am I wanted to open up to Galations 5:22-23, but didn't think that would help the situation!

So I just keep quite, did my job and counted the days till I could leave! After tasting and seeing what it was like, I wouldn't say that it was good!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit