Need help fading!

by 5thGeneration 27 Replies latest jw friends

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

5th - It took a long time for the JWs to stop coming in my direction. I too am a generational JW. The only thing I can say is, it takes a long time for them to stop trying to "encourage" you to return. What I did was similar to what others did. I gradually stopped going to the hall because work had me so busy. Then, I moved away from the home congo little by little and eventually I moved to the big city and cut off all contact expect for friends who don't care whether I am active or not.

5th - we are a fast food generation and expect a full meal in minutes otherwise we are frustrated. Just like most things that are life changing, they take time. I know it seems hard and long. It will come to you, give yourself time.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Thanks everyone!

BTW: My P.O. Dad (pioneer 30 years) called today and told my 9 year old about another 9 year old in his hall that just became an unbaptized publisher!

YEAH!

MORE PRESSURE!

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Becca1,

Problem is I have not "technically" been inactive.

I put in 4 hours a month for my study with my kids.

• blondie
    blondie

5th, what do you study with your kids? Are you protecting them as much as possible from being indoctrinated? What's stopping you from not turning in your time? Just gradually drop off a hour every other month, will be 0 hours in 8 months or so, then stop turning it in.

Can you switch congregations? Moving helps if possible just to another congregation's territory. Make it nigh impossible for them to just drop by in field service to use the toilet (a pet peeve of mine).

Blondie

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration

Blondie,

I basically respect a lot of the Society's publications about Jesus. I think they are pretty good.

That's what I study with them.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear 5th generation,

If fading is your goal, then continue with the whole story of being sick etc. Most likely there are those who are not buying into it, and are looking to pressure you so that you will eventually break by telling them just a inkling of what your real issues may be. I gaurentee that this is a tactic being used, as it often will frusterate those being harrassed, and something will spill out that they then can use against you. Believe me, there are so many leaving the organization, it has them running scared. Anyone who is considered weak is looked at with a very suspicious eye. They probably aren't buying your excuses, but until you break, they have nothing to break you with. Hang in there.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Mulan
    Mulan

I think it's a good idea to turn time in when you are fading. It sort of keeps you off their radar. Bummer that your father is the PO.

Moving might be good.

• deeskis
    deeskis

My parents moved the family to the other side of the globe to start again.

Pretty drastic, but it can work.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit