Beyond JW, another former Witness site.

by free2beme 13 Replies latest jw friends

• free2beme
    free2beme

I mentioned one time, on a past thread, that the first former Witness site I found was this site called Beyond JW and it was run by a man named Tim Campbell. It was not the level of quality of this site, but it had some good information and links and a message board. While I did not visit the board, like I visit this one, for a long time I thought it was the only former Witness site and got familiar with it. Well recently I went to that site to see what it was doing and found this statement ....

For philosophical reasons, I have discontinued this web site.

I recommend no religion.

I find Buddhism interesting.

While I remember this Mr Campbell man being a ultra skeptic, I was wondering why he turned his site off. He has not had a message board for years, and his information was still appearing in many search engine responses, when I would type something about the Witnesses. Does anyone know why the site was disconnected completely? Just curious, and I figured this would be the place to ask.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Tim and I were in the same cong for a while before either of us left.

I have no idea why he shut down his site (sure am glad I saved some of it though)

Running any kind of board takes a lot of energy, time, and patience.

Even running a website like mine takes a lot of time and I always seem to find something else that needs to be done first.

People move on. His site helped a lot of people but I suspect, like many others, Tim wanted to move on with his life.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Looks like he has simply lost his faith.

• choosing life
    choosing life

His site is in two places. The first site states what you have typed. If you go to the second or third page under JWs, his site appears again with everything as before. Don't know how much longer, though. You might want to save it. It had some very nice essays with logical reasoning. It was also a very gentle place to land when just exiting the JWs and carrying the paranoia they instill in everyone who dares to question them.

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

>"Looks like he has simply lost his faith" It is not simple to lose your faith.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I was thinking, he might have just lost the free time needed to respond to e-mail and such. I remember him commenting at one time, that he received a lot of e-mail for active Witnesses and tried to respond to them all. That would get old. Plus, not like the world of former Witnesses online is small anymore. Lots of resources to choose from.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    I mentioned one time, on a past thread, that the first former Witness site I found was this site called Beyond JW and it was run by a man named Tim Campbell. It was not the level of quality of this site, but it had some good information and links and a message board.

This was the board which provided me with a link to JWD, I cannot thank Tim Campbell enough for the content of his site (which I still use) and ultimately providing me with access to JWD.

Hell was it nearly two years ago? Time flies when your having fun and getting mentally free.

DB74

• grissom6471
    grissom6471

Another former Witness site? In other words, a person who never was and does not know what it means to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. That is typical of everyone who is a former Witness.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

grissom6471

Another former Witness site? In other words, a person who never was and does not know what it means to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses. That is typical of everyone who is a former Witness.

He was a JW. Perhaps you missed my earlier post that we were in the same cong. For you to make the statement that anyone who is now a former Witness could not know what being a JW was all about then sir, I think you need to do a little more research and reading of this site as well as others. Perhaps you really need to know what organization you are serving!

• free2beme
    free2beme

What a baiting comment. Yes, were all ignorant of the Witnesses and everything we say is lies. All that happens in those walls is truth and shows no signs of being a cult. Sorry, I was trying to look into your thoughts there for a second. From my experience, the people who run these sites have to deal with a lot and get very little thanks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit