Knorr Was He Married? Any Info?

by uwishufish 21 Replies latest jw friends

• choosing life
    choosing life

She never mentions where they went for that week's honeymoon. Hawaii maybe? They got there eventually anyway and traveled extensively on other people's money. Ah, the benefits of taking a vow of poverty in the Watchtower world. Much like so many churches they condemn.

• pobthespazz
    pobthespazz

Seems strange she waited less then 2 years after the death of her husband the President of the WTS Nathan "Homo" Knorr no less , to marry a handsome fireman! but I heard she was a babe in her earlier years

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

I hate the wt testimonials. They're so white-washed. Everything looks like it was planned and always done in accord with jehovah's wishes. Real people don't live white-washed lives. Real people make mistakes and learn from them -- or not -- and they do some pretty amazing things as well. I wonder who writes up these santitized stories.

In contrast, take a look at the testimonials here at JWD. You can tell that the people here are telling it like it is.

• VM44
    VM44

These "personal experiences" published in the Watchtower all sound the same!

Audrey's personality in print reads exactly like the personality of the JW physicist Alton Williams whose story was published in the Watchtower a few years ago. It's as if they were written by the same person. (Perhaps they were!)

--VM44

• Fisherman
    Fisherman

Yes indeed, NHK was married to Audrey. She was a petite thin sis, short dark hair. Although she was much younger that Bro K, He was well preserved for his age and did not look too old for her at all. In my opinion, she wasn't very attractive. She did not profess to be of the "heavenly class". As it was stated previously, shortly after NHK death in 1977, AK moved to the WT farm were she remarried.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Cool, turns out I did find the right person. :)

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

We met Audrey, we were in her Kingdom Hall at Bethel. Interesting how sanitized her story is. Nothing about the shake up at Bethel in the eighties, the witch hunt that went on. No, don't tell about the dark side of the world headquarters. Everything is just dandy! I wonder if she had any control over what was written about her life story or not. I don't think so. They don't want her life story to reveal any of the in house fighting that went on at the headquarters.

Blueblades

• oddeye
    oddeye

i worked next to Sister Knorr at the Watchtower Farms in the subscription department. We shared a common hobby of copying down funny names that came in on subscription forms. She had a great sense of humor and was a very kind lady. A fond memory of my time at Bethel.

• Zico
    Zico

'Audrey Mock [sp?]. I remember her and her brother, Russell, at Bethel 35 years ago. Knorr refused to allow Charles De Wilda, a Bethelite, to get married, yet he himself bent the rules and married Sister Mock. Charles called Knorr on it, and Knorr made De Wilda's life miserable. Charles left Bethel, became essentially homeless and died, cold, on a park bench. Prior to that sad occurrence, those kindly Bethelites who tried to help the poor man were forbidden by Knorr to offer him any further assistance.'

So he wasn't really that much better than Rutherford was he?

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

Thanks for the replys. But I am still wondering if there was a will and if so how did she benifit?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit