What's up with Islam?

by Tyrone van leyen 31 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

That is also interesting, syf.

~Merry

• Tyrone van leyen
    Tyrone van leyen

Hi merry! I didn't think initially, this post topic would get this far. As an xjw I am resistant like many others to religion. Even if they were the true religion, which they are not, the shunning alone is enough for me. It is rare for a christian to convert to Islam. Even more rare for a jw to do so. We have a couple controversial examples ie John Walker linde, the American Taliban and Azzam the American. Surely, moderate people such as yourself do not wish assosciate with such extremism within your faith, anymore than the witnesses wish to be connected with a pedophile scandal. Is that a common veiw among the people you know within your realm of assosciation. I'm sure if Islam's goal is world domination your desire would be that it be accomplished with love. What one wants and what we see with religions however, can often be two different things. How can the same book be giving a different message to the people. This is where dissonance comes in. Despite the evidence we have before us we continue to tell ourselves the message is ok. I know an Iranian man that was muslim that became a christian and asked him why. He said all I can remember is that when I was young I saw the Brittish red cross helping and caring for people and could feel the love. Love can be a more powerful motivating force over doctrine any day. Certainly, a unique person such as yourself would have received an abundence of attention in your quest for knowledge. This is of course, is a recruitment method called love bombing, which is highly effective. This begs the question, if you ever decided to leave, how would you be veiwed or treated in response. If the answer is hostility, then I would suggest that your religion is more grounded in fear than love. Is it a cult? I don't know. I also don't know you, or what motivates you and those things are for you to decide. However, being in the position that you are in, you can serve as a valuable bridge to help understanding and tolerance between cultures doing so with love and not conversion in mind. The heart is what matters. Not doctrine.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit