think you've guessed someone's identity?

by J-ex-W 15 Replies latest jw friends

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I'm just curious. I wonder how many readers out there think the stuff they've read sound so much like someone they know that they're going, Ohmigawd!! Or if circumstances described seem like big fat give-aways. Sometimes I read something that I would SWEAR is someone I know...or that I would at least hope is someone I know....

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

You're running into friends all over the place. Good for you.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Well...don't know that I am........just hoping/ wishing it would be so. More wishful thinking than anything. Like that elder, calling himself 'lurker,' who posted tonight. Right now he's my fantasy elder [please take this with a grain of salt, lurker]. I would LIKE to BELIEVE that he's the elder who tried to help me and my ex-husband so much (but who's hands were really tied because of WTS policies). He, about a year or two ago--two, I think--very nearly left the org. because of a C.O. bastard [yes, I said it!] and whatever else this elder is aware of that I'm not.

You know...it would just be nice to believe that someone who I believe is a genuine, kind soul finally made the sanity-saving jump. And, of course, the selfish part of the fantasy comes in: That at least part of what motivated him to leave is what he has seen of unjust handling of ME...MY family's situation.

Still smarting quite a bit here, obviously. Enough to really need a person 'in the know' be also IN MY CORNER, I guess.

• Abandoned
    Abandoned

Still smarting quite a bit here, obviously. Enough to really need a person 'in the know' be also IN MY CORNER, I guess.

I wish I could help you there, but you see, we're in the same boat. I woke up one morning and found out that jack and jill didn't go up that hill, snow white doesn't live with 7 midgets on the west coast, and ten guys in brooklyn don't have a T1 line connected to heaven. Unfortunately, I've based my entire life on the veracity of these and other fairy tales. So, all I can offer you is a hug (((((((J-ex-W)))))) and the assurance that while I may not know exactly where you're at, the sky in my world has those fuzzy black lines going through it too.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Abandoned---- ...I appreciate the encouragement.......but I have no idea what that last figure of speech means. ??

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    but I have no idea what that last figure of speech means. ??

Silly. You probably do, but just don't realize it. Coming out of a dysfunctional relationship is like trying to watch TV with just the sound. The picture's there, but it's all snowstorm and you can't make out anything. As you adjust the picture and the antenna, eventually you can start to make things out, but you still have those fuzzy black lines going through it. Right now, we're both at the fuzzy line stage. Hopefully we'll "get cable" soon and really start living.

• fokyc
    fokyc

Yes, that happened to me a short while ago, I recognised the description of a KH.

I PM'd the couple, we are now great friends and communicate regularly, they were also kind enough to invite me for a meal just before Xmas.

fokyc

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

(puts up hand) I keep reading posts to see if any of the JWs I know could be posting here...wishful thinking...I have to be careful not to give out too much info when I post in case they are lurking...

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Abandoned---- Here's looking forward to HI Def! Oh, wait...I'm not supposed to toast......

• becca1
    becca1

I keep wishing that would happen. So far, it hasn't.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit