What will they do when the blood ban has no meaning ?

by A Paduan 11 Replies latest watchtower bible

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

People will invent ways of making blood, eventually, no doubt. They will probably have synthetic substitutes for the short term and be able to grow or clone it off our own DNA or something before too long. So what will the org do for martyrs and publicity then ? Ban something else ?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Personally I think the blood ban is going bye-bye anyway... but that's going to be a damned difficult one to weasel out of.

They have changed and intentionally MUDDLED the issue to such a degree that even the active Witnesses have no idea what they are allowed to do anymore. I see some changes coming... and not "new light"... but a continuation of the Mass Exodus from JW's who have lost their loved ones for NOTHING.

Baba.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear A Paduan,

By no means wishing to hijack your thread, but earlier I posted some information on FWF's establishing the ban as a publicity stunt. The post is "Persecution Wanes/ etc." I will continue to watch your thread for further developments. I cannot believe the evil these men have promoted in God's name! Well, yes I can.

CoCo

• Arthur
    Arthur

If such a scientific breakthrough were to occur; this would most likely be a welcome blood therapy alternative; much like saline solution and other therapies which are used. I think that such a break through would actually make most Witnesses give credit to the organization for influencing the medical community to push forward with such a technology. I'm sure the WTS would probably produce a new video praising themselves for their "faithfulness", and stating that Jehovah had provided this new medical breakthrough for his people.

Parting the Red Sea, manna, a flock of quail, water from a crag, and now; synthetic blood. They'll probably make a convention drama out of it.

• garybuss
    garybuss

They know how to do it. They don't change the blood doctrine, they just change the shunning doctrine. That's the credibility saving way to do it and they are well on the way. I'm glad they're doing it.

It never was about blood medical treatment anyway. Witnesses have always been free to take blood treatment. The shunning practice has been the issue. The blood policy has just been an item for free (bad) publicity and an excuse to practice shunning.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear A Paduan,

Given the importance you and others have ascribed to this all-important issue, I feel the need to repeat what I have learned only this evening:

''WHEN FACED WITH MOUNTING OPPOSITION, FRED FRANZ EASED THE SOCIETY'S POSITION ON BLOOD..."

"Years later, in the June 15, 1978 WATCHTOWER, the "ORACLE" DECIDED THE PRESSURE WAS GETTING TOO SEVERE..."

The above declarations reference the Society's receiving opposition to certain aspects of the use of blood - in life-saving serums, fertilizers, etc. - AND strictures formerly imposed upon hemophiliacs.

This was before the internet and the wide-spread publicity that surrounds the horrors of this deadly policy. What tangible opposition and pressure moved the otherwise intractable FWF to relent?

THE FOUR PRESIDENTS, E.C. Gruss, Ed., p. 77

Compound-Complex

• compound complex
    compound complex

If at first you do not succeed........

Please, does anyone know what caused FWF to cave? Cannot find CRISIS OF CONSCIENCE. Thanx!

CoCo

• carla
    carla

What will they do when the blood ban has no meaning ? Live.

• Roger
    Roger

I would have thought it would be almost impossible for the society to abandon the blood ban, and maintain an acceptable profile to the world. Certainly colleagues of mine know witnesses ONLY for their stance on blood (and door-knocking of course). Without blood, they would be nothing.

• Morocco
    Morocco

Well, now they allow fractions of fractions of fractions of frac-- ugh, if you let a little water in the Boat of Dogma it will eventually sink itself. If you keep quiet on the issue for enough time it will disappear. *GB crosses their fingers*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit