rare memorial attendance for 1928

by cultswatter 16 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• MeneMene
    MeneMene

Do you think the drop from 1925 - 1928 may have been because the "End" didn't come in 1925 as promised by the WTS??? - - Kind of like what happened after the 1975 failed prophesy.

• Borgia
    Borgia

May be the light flashed for them earlier and figured out they were no annointed after all, hence drop of 70.000!

Cheers

Borgia

• blondie
    blondie

The drop between 1925 and 1928 could be tied to the fallout from the end not coming in 1925. There was also alot of turmoil between Rutherford and the elected elders who were pushed out by 1932 and the elder setup changed totally by 1938. Many Bible Students left and formed their own groups during that time.

Blondie

• Clam
    Clam

Cultswatter thanks for that link to your earlier thread. I hadn't seen that and it was very interesting. I'd not appreciated the extent of the 1925-28 fallout, even taking into account the various schisms. I'm surprised Rutherford didn't cite "the love of the greater number will cool off."

Clam

Edited to say - Oops I meant to put this in Phillipus's thread http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/145991/1.ashx

• sir82
    sir82

Re: the 1935 Memorial attendance figures:

Never mind, point already made.

• blondie
    blondie

dx30-85Charts***

Memorial reports (1928-58): jp 313 (a dark green book that functioned as a history book, now out of print) Jehovah's Witnesses in the Divine Purpose

Someone may have a scan of that page.

• justhuman
    justhuman

mm nice one

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit