Pre-Paid Legal...

by rolling rock 11 Replies latest jw friends

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Anybody know anything about this service or have/use it??? Please share any info you know about it... Thanks Chad...

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Run.

• MadTiger
    MadTiger

Run.

Now.

Run!!!!!

Why the hell are you still here?!!

Gooooooooooooooo!

The only way I would do it (my brother messed around with it for a bit, but that is
    right up his ally (CutCo, etc.)) is for a small business. The only way it makes sense
    is paying a few bucks a month towards some contract reviews, etc.

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Rolling Rock,

I sold and used Pre-Paid Legal for a couple of years. Of the various programs I have participated in, it was by far the best in terms of sales and making money. Also, the legal service seriously helped a number of my clients. I work in an area of real estate that takes me into court periodically. So, I found that Pre-Paid Legal really helped out when some of my clients needed to either defend themsleves, or sue their opposition. It works as well as represented ... at last that is my observation. However, much depends on the quality of the lawfirms that sign on. In Portland, Oregon, we had a very large and well respected firm as the service provider. It is no different that pre-paid medical and the quality of the medical service providers.

I notice the negative remarks above ... so, maybe some have had bad experiences. It works better in some states like Oregon where they can sell their full benefits. Whereas in Illinois, they are restricted ... I no longer sell it because I moved from Oregon to Illinois. I can still technically sell it, but since I live in Illinois, I choose not to do so.

Before you totally dismiss it, do some more checking as I recommended with the bar Association in your state. Also, contact Pre-Paid Legal with your concerns and comments from us, both good and bad, and see what they have to say. You have permission to use my name and experience when talking to Pre-Paid Legal.

Jim Whitney

PS: I see an advertisement below on this page that talks of secrets that your "up-line" won't tell you. There were no secrets. I was an up-line, and found nothing secretive. I got paid what I was promised, and the Pre_Paid Office never cheated me, nor anyone up-line from me, no below. The process is all systemized, and Pre-Paid controls it very well.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I would recommend against it. The company that I work for offers a prepaid legal plan through Met Life that i gave serious consideration to enrolling in. but, once i started examining it and reading the fine print, I realized that they basically covered NOTHING, outside of preparing a will or other very simple legal filings. For instance, when it came to family law, they virtually covered nothing. My advice--you probably don't need it. And usually you are locked into paying premiums for a full year in order to file any kind of claim.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Is that like a pre paid calling card?

Sorry, just thought I would be funny. I too am in IL and it is not really a service that is acceptable in this state. So I second Whitney's suggestions. You local bar association should know. If it is not a large firm, but a solo practitioner, check with your local ARDC and confirm that the atty is an atty w/ no prior bad acts in his closet. Also, most states that require licensing have various departments that oversee them (example ARDC) see if there are other governmental depts that would regulate the service. I say, you can never do enough back ground checks on a service.

Just remember, if it sounds too good to be true, that usually means it is too good to be true.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

There is NO good excuse for any product to ever be sold multi-level.

But beyond that, here you have a product that isn't even insurance; in fact, it's almost the opposite of insurance: you pay something, and, if you want a *little* legal help, you get it. But if you need a *lot* of legal help (which obviously is where you would potentially need something you can't afford), you're on your own.

• Confession
    Confession

I do not sell any multi-level-marketing products--and only dabbled lightly in it years ago. But I disagree with the intense anti-MLM sentiment so prevalent among many.

I signed up with Pre-Paid Legal about four months ago, and am perfectly satisfied with their services. Why? Because at no time did anyone misrepresent the services they provide. It seems like, in the last few years, I find myself in situations in which companies are trying to force me to pay for things I don't owe. The time I've spent on the phone, the refusal to reason in favor of zombie-like script-reading from customer service reps is incredibly frustrating.

I've used Pre-Paid Legal three times simply to write letters. Twice it worked: once with U-Haul and once with my former cable company. Another time it didn't work. They're also going to prepare a will for me. The services they provide are right up-front--with no embellishments, and that's exactly what I've used them for. The gentleman who signed me up was very clear about the discounts for major legal work being quite small. Just my experience, and I've no intention of selling it to others.

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974
    There is NO good excuse for any product to ever be sold multi-level.

Although I have looked into it, I am not into MLM in the slightest as I dont have the time or inclination to get involved however I cant agree with the above statement.

Most products and services in business are sold or moved through distributions channels; the most common being Manufacturer - Wholesaler - Retailer - End User. MLM is just an alternative distribution channel.

MLM strikes me as no different except that they sell through independent sales people, this is cheaper and easier to control and in my view an excellent business reason to sell a product through MLM. How can this be 'no good excuse'?

In my view the only people who get burned with MLM are those people who make poor business decisions about getting involved with the wrong company.

DB74

• undercover
    undercover

The service itself is not a bad idea, especially if you need legal services from time to time. I was signed up for awhile and used it twice for speeding tickets in other states. Got a will prepared as well. Also used it to write a letter to company that was being uncooperative. Once they got that letter from the lawyer, they became very cooperative.

I hate the MLM part of it. I thought enough of the service that I looked into being a representative...until I went to a meeting. Instead of learning about the product and what it can do, all we got was a sales pitch on MLM and how to create more sales by bugging the shit outa your family and friends. I decided against selling it after that one meeting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit