Comment on "The View" today

by Mulan 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I had The View on TV while I was cleaning this morning, and the women started talking about Pat Robertson's prediction for 2007. The guest co host, Sherri Shepherd, said "I used to be in the religion that rang your doorbells on the weekends and sold pamplets, but they predicted the world would end in 1995 (I'm sure she meant 1975) and that didn't happen either."

For those not in the U.S., The View is a daily morning TV talk show for women.

• heathen
    heathen

What was robertsons prediction ? I'm sure he has an out just like the WTBTS ........

• Mulan
    Mulan

Someone has already got a thread going on this topic. So sorry.

Robertson predicted a huge terrorist attack on the U.S. after September 2007 with possibly millions of lives lost.

• hambeak
    hambeak

Now wait a minute I like the view as well LOL

I heard that comment and Sherri Shephard is hilarious, missed Rosie today though.

Pat Robertson is certifiable in my opinion

• heathen
    heathen

wow , way to work for the government and create some paranoia , we all know he's chums with the republicans and would love to make them out to be Gods party while condemning the democrats . I think their main problem is thinking GW Bush is some sort of messiah working out Gods plans by invading the mideast ....

• ZazuWitts
    ZazuWitts

Sherri Sheppard was, indeed raised as a JW. (In the Chicaco area) She is now a Baptist and considers herself a born-again Chrisian. Larc and I met her a few years ago, when she performed at a local Comedy Club - she made references to her JW upbringing. We spoke with her after the show. It was then that she said when she realized the JW's denied Christ as a mediator for all men that she began to question her beliefs.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    For those not in the U.S.

...And for men....thanks! Never heard of it. Sounds like an interesting show for me to reccommend to the Mrs.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Hee hee....its about time we got an apostate on the "View".....

• james_woods
    james_woods

Donald Trump told me that "the view" is Demonic and that he would fire me if I watched it.

So I asked if he would forgive me if I just watched it once and then said I was sorry...

He said "are you crazy? you are not near good looking enough for a second (or third or fourth or fifth) chance..."

• Quandry
    Quandry

Mulan-

I am wondering. Did they say how Pat Robertson gets his information? I wonder if he considers himself the FDS that gets heavenly insights?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit