Just want to get past it........

by notsureofmyself 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Carmel
    Carmel

4I's you old peapod,

living in a desert cave and never having to learn "ya'll" sure beats chiggers and snakes!

• ctisi
    ctisi

Hi there, You know i know exactly what you are talking about.The way that i feel is that if you know right from wrong and do what is right that is all that god will look at not at what man made building you go into to learn about him. I have just became inactive and i am so scared to tell anyone that i don't want to go anymore i don't know why i am afraid it is probably bacause of all the bull they will tell you and how bad a person you really are for not going. And once i get out of this fear of the elders comming to my door i know that i will be happy and i can feel the happiness already that i can move now and am not stuck in the house untill the next meeting.. Sorry for being so blunt but i am not to happy with the society right now. Later

• waiting
    waiting

Well, hey ctisi,

1. how do you pronounce your name?

2. did you actually breathe when you wrote that seemingly one long sentence?

3. May I ask, how long you've been in the organization? Some of us were in for decades - and it leaves a mark. For good or bad, our lives were changed.

4. I guess most of us want to take the good, leave the bad - and get on with our lives. Sounds reasonable, doesn't it? A good goal for now.

waiting

• Roamingfeline
    Roamingfeline

Not sure.. you voiced exactly how I felt when I left the organization. Time was a healer for me, and distance. I still deal with my anger at God though. Haven't come to terms with that yet.

I wish the best for you, and hope your journey out of the "untruth" is a successful one, in that you end up with a happier, more contended life than what you had inside the Organization.

Hugs,
    RCat

• mgm
    mgm

Hello people
    just let you know, two weeks ago, I informed the elders with a letter, that my wife an me wanna have a break from all JW activities. We've choosen to have a break and not df, because of our family.
    Since then, we feel free as never before.
    I read a lot of books about church history and bible critics. I not only don't believe in the JW anymore, I'm also loosing the faith into the bible.
    best regards to all

• Seven
    Seven

mgm, Best wishes to you and your wife. Reading is good but give your mind and body the break that they deserve. Allow yourself ample time to adjust to your newly acquired vision. Feeling as though
    you are losing your faith is a normal reaction to the shock of some of the truths you are uncovering. Know that God hasn't forgotten about you and will always be there for you-if and when you ever feel like talking.

Seven

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit