Kinda Renews Your Faith in Humanity.

by SixofNine 8 Replies latest jw friends

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Need a Hero? You couldn't do much better than this guy:

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/local/story/485218p-408...

Diving onto subway tracks, a Harlem father saved the life of a stranger yesterday when he pinned the flailing man between the rails just seconds before a 370-ton train roared over their entwined bodies.
    "Please, sir, don't move," Wesley Autrey, 50, said as he shoved his body against Cameron Hollopeter, who had tumbled off the platform after suffering a seizure. "If you move, one of us is going to lose a leg or die."

The men, who were jammed face-to-face in a 2-foot depression between the tracks, were unharmed by the No. 1 train that screamed over them, just inches away.

"It's miraculous," Hollopeter's grandfather Jeff Friedman, 55, said later. "He's sedated, but the doctor said he's going to be okay."

• Jourles
    Jourles

Wow. pretty cool. And Playboy gets free coverage out of it too.

• SixofNine
  • free2think
    free2think

Wow, that was a really selfless thing to do. Great story.

free2think

• under_believer
    under_believer

The playboy hat is just like gravy on this story, I love it. You mean someone who looks at evil Playboy could actually be a good person?!?!

• under_believer
    under_believer

The playboy hat is just like gravy on this story, I love it. You mean someone who looks at evil Playboy could actually be a good person?!?!

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

Great story, as Jesus said no one show greater love than one who is willing to die for his friends, and this man didn't even know him, what a selfless act, it makes one wonder, would I have done the same thing? Now that is an example to imitate. Thanks for the article.

abr

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I read that article in this morning's NYT and was overwhelmed. An incredible hero!!

What would I do in the same situation. Nothing. It never would have occurred to me to get between the tracks. I did not know that was an option.

If I were to jump into the pit to save the man, I am certain that we both would be dead now.

• FMZ
    FMZ

Damn... this is awesome... I would like to think I would do anything for a fellow man, but I'm not sure I'd have the cojones to jump under a train. o_O

Beautiful story.

KJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit