back after a strange year. update

by fairchild 15 Replies latest jw friends

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Fairchild, I have wondered about you.

About your friend and his near death experience: reading this book would really help you, I am sure. It's a book by a Seattle Physician who has studied and documented NDE's in children, adults and also death bed visions. I read it earlier in the year and it greatly impressed me. It helped me begin a spiritual journey that has been amazing.

• confusedjw
    confusedjw

I remember you. And I too am sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. And thanks for telling us about your other friend's NDE and I hope he fully recovers.

Was it weird going back to the hall without believing?

• Madame Quixote
    Madame Quixote

Hey there, fairchild. Sounds like you've been through quite an emotional rollercoaster. I'm very sorry to hear of your loss. May you find new friends and comfort and wholeness as you continue your journey. Sounds like you've been doing a little denial and bargaining - totally normal grief reactions to such loss. I hope you can stay and keep us up to date on your growth. I am glad to hear that your other friend survived his ordeal and sorry he had to go through all that. It seems awful for him; it is common to experience that kind of reaction to NDE, as well. Some say it is a spiritual thing; others have different theories. Regardless, if the experience helps a person to live a fuller life afterwards, then perhaps the trauma is worth it; I hope so. And I hope your friend recovers well. Glad you have returned to this forum. Best wishes!

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

When you say you lost contact with Josh, do you mean Tetrapod-sapien (the one that helped you with your book)? I have his email I'll direct him to this link so he can get in touch with you.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Glad you're back "in town", Fairchild. I missed seeing your avatar!

I hope the New Year brings you more good things than 2006 did!

Dave

• fairchild
    fairchild
    Was it weird going back to the hall without believing?

Heh, not really. Would you believe that I actually didn't mind going at all.. I had missed the people and although I had to go to a different KH, there were a lot of people there from the old KH. I didn't really miss going to the KH but I missed the people. After all they had been my (fake) friends for many years. And once again the hall came with a bunch of default friends. Yeah I know it wasn't right and that's why I stopped going again. But I still miss my default friends. Pretty weird, huh?

When you say you lost contact with Josh, do you mean Tetrapod-sapien (the one that helped you with your book)? I have his email I'll direct him to this link so he can get in touch with you.

Yes, that's the Josh I'm talking about. My old computer crashed and all my email addresses that were stored in the computer and not in my hotmail account are gone. My old email address changed as well, so even if people who were in my address book wanted to contact me, they wouldn't be able to because I have a new email address now.

Glad you're back "in town", Fairchild.

LOL thanks Dave. Could you PM me your email address, it is in my crashed computer and my cafenero address is no longer in use so you can't email me there. Thanks! I hope you are doing well. How is the smoking going?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit