Couldn't help myself - responded to Nigerian scam e-mail.

by JeffT 5 Replies latest jw friends

• JeffT
    JeffT

She's a widow with six months to live. Before her husband, an architect at Pacific Gas and Electric died he accumulated $18 million to be dispersed to help the poor.

I told her I didn't need the money - just tell me how to make 18 million working for the Gas company.

I'm not to worried about it, it's on my hotmail account and if she bugs me I'll just forward it to the prosecutor's office.

• Confession
    Confession

LOL! Nice job, Jeff. It's amazing how many of those e-mails I get. Once one of them tried to get me while I was online. I think it was Yahoo Messenger. Young Nigerian woman with lots of attractive pictures of herself. Then came the stories about how her mother needed an operation and could I help her?

• Gregor
    Gregor

Good one! I have often been tempted to jerk these crooks chain. When bored I have wasted the time of a few phone solicitors..."A free vacation!?... geez!... (holding the phone away) ...'Honey, we won a free vacation!'... This so cool!... what do we need to do?...yeah...yeah... ok... etc etc" then I hang up right after I say "I gotta go, I think my wife just had a heart attack"

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

I replied to one of those once. The bastard kept replying to my emails from different email accounts. Then I told him I was a cop (at the time I really was) and all of a sudden, no more replies. I wonder why...

• SWALKER
    SWALKER

Did anyone see the 20/20 episode where they followed the money to Nigeria?

http://www.nigeriavillagesquare.com/webcasts/webcasts/20-20-on-419.html

Very interesting and informative...can't believe how many people fall for it!

Swalker

• fairchild
    fairchild

LOL each time the nigerian scam comes up on a message board I post the same link. It is a pretty long read and it starts a bit boring, but if you have 15 minutes to read through this, I promise you it will be more than worth your time. I have read this at least 5 times and each time I have tears rolling down my face from all the laughing.

http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/Peter_Aka1.html

Many people make it a hobby to bait the scammers. The above thread leads to one of such occurances. A man pretends to be a sexy woman and ever so skillfully he baits the scammer. It's hilarious and very well done.

Warning: adult content!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit