Did You Find Yourself IGNORING What The Elders or Society Said?

by minimus 23 Replies latest jw friends

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Mimimimi--you know what you must do right??? Give a very long and winded toast, and make sure to mention the beautiful wedding held at Babylon the Greats Church!!!

I like the movie ET and used to ignore the counsel in the Watchtower about how his finger was a phallic symbol and he was likened to Jesus because of healing and being resurrected!

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Oh, please!!!! ET's finger is a phallic symbol?? That movie came out during the period of time I previously left the "truth" and I had no idea they came up with something like that. What morons!!

• minimus
    minimus

Minimimmi, I like your name. Sounds familiar,

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Love your name, too, minimus. Good topic, too. I ignored lots of things the elders and society said. Of course, my husband and kids not being witlesses helped me along that way. I took my kids to the Halloween parade every year and trick-or-treating, too. We watched movies that other witless parents were not letting their children watch. We listened to music together that I am sure the Society would disapprove of - Sublime was a favorite of my youngest son and me. In fact, he is trying to decide which Sublime song to have played for the mother's dance at his wedding reception. We had Easter egg hunts with the lady next door and her little boy.

Oh, and one of the latest things the Society came up with that totally irritated me is that children are a gift from Jehovah, so true Christians are not to get sterilized. Well, I had already had a tubal ligation in 1990, but I was pretty vocal to some people about that piece of moronic garbage. And everyone I talked to about it agreed with me, except my mother, who just listened and made no comment at all. But if I had not yet had a tubal at that time, I still would have.

It was not hard to ignore what they said because so much of it was so stupid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit