Do Not Buy RCA Products Part Two

by jayhawk1 3 Replies latest jw friends

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

For the origional experience, go here...

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/126352/1.ashx

Well, here is where things are as of today with RCA. After following many of your suggestions and finding an operator willing to do their job, it appears I have a new RCA DVD recorder on its way. The operator I talked to this morning assures me my machine is being shipped by FED EX and its last known location is in Indiana. Since the call center Tennessee and my last machine was shipped to Texas, I can only assume it is a brand new machine.

I hope this one lasts longer than 5 months.

This much is certain...

My new MAGNAVOX DVD recorder is better and easier to use than that RCA one was.

• Beep,Beep
    Beep,Beep

Well that's something good then.

However I currently have two RCA TV's that are 8 and 10 years old. They are both still going strong without any hint of trouble. One bad product doesn't mean everything made is junk, nor does one bad experience with customer service.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Maybe their televisions are okay, but I found the recorder hard to use. My new Magnavox works great and the finalizing screens are a snap to use.

I don't have any brand loyalty. I buy gadgets from everybody. For instance my computer is a mutt, it has components and accessories from just about everybody. My main television is a Symphonic. I've never heard about Symphonic before.

As I've said in the other thread, I've sent back a Panasonic DVD player and had it rebuilt. Now it works better than when I first purchased it. I would buy from them again.

I can't say the same about RCA. I'm never buying from them again.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

And let me add one more thing about Panasonic...

Panasonic paid to have the junk one sent back to them. They had the delivery guy show up at my house and just told us to have their junk machine ready to go. Panasonic took care of everything.

I had to pay to ship my junk RCA machine to them in order to get them to do anything about it. RCA customer service is terrible in comparison to Panasonic's.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit