Study Detects Recent Instance of Human Evolution

by zagor 142 Replies latest jw friends

• Satanus
    Satanus

Lt

I suspect that it's not as useless as they say. I read that the appendix makes some kind of bacteria fighting substance.

S

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

S,

Not everyone eating poison mushrooms would die. Those survivors would obviously do better than those who succumbed.

I'm starting to wonder if this discussion is worthwhile. Have you ever met someone who ate poison mushrooms? If so, do you remember how long they went without a liver transplant? Was it a month? A week?

Frank

• Satanus
    Satanus

Frank

If you will note my edit, i changed it to read 'probably'.

I'm starting to wonder if this discussion is worthwhile.

It depends if you learn anything. I doubt that you will.

Have you ever met someone who ate poison mushrooms?

No, but i read about how they destroy the liver. My example of the badger and aids demonstrates, they may not kill everybody. Anyways, if it is worthless, it's your worthless little challenge.

S

• tall penguin
    tall penguin

Hey Satanus,

Would you be able to provide some links about Aids immunity in Africa. I find this fascinating.

Thanks,
    tall penguin

• Terry
    Terry

The most recent instance of Human Evolution is my leaving the Kingdom Hall for good!

• Apostate Kate
    Apostate Kate
    The mutations Dr. Tishkoff detected are not in the lactase gene itself but a nearby region of the DNA that controls the activation of the gene.

This is not evidence of evolution at all but adaptation, there is an enormous difference between the two. Adaptation occues naturally in nature and can be seen in everyday life. My chihuahua is an adaptation of a wolf. The DNA for lactose tolerance or intollerance is in the human body and can be turned off or on, but then gene is there. Missing genes cause often fatal flaws such as Downs Syndrome, Marfans, Cystic Fibrosis, cancers, Sickel Cell Anemia, there have been thousands mapped.

Every species has DNA code that is as if written in stone. Adaptations can take place but there is not nor ever has been any evidence that my chihuahua could ever adapt into an entire other species. Mutations show no gain in genetic information. Genetic information can be "activated" for this lactose intolerance, but again, no new genetic material was found.

I'm not a higly intelligent person but I stand behind the Second Law of Thermodyanics and Entropy. No one yet has been able to apply the evolution theory, (not adaptation) to those laws of physics in a way that makes sense. Having a genetic disease caused me to research this in depth and I keep an open mind.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Will this make it into the WTBTS literature -I think not

• GetBusyLiving
    GetBusyLiving

Hi Satanus, I think what Frank is saying is that if a tribe could deduce that milk was fatally harmful then why would they continue to ingest it at all anyway, why would they need to adapt. Is this correct Frank?

GBL

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

GBL,

Correct. And thanks.

Frank

• TD
    TD

Hiya Frank,

Have you ever met someone who ate poison mushrooms?

Actually yes, --LOL When it comes to full blown lactose intolerance, I suppose milk might seem like a "poisoned mushroom", but that seems like a pretty harsh comparison.

I think the article gives the impression that lactose intolerance is something that is "switched" on and off, but that is not true. Genetic lactase deficiency (Which was once ostensibly the norm according to human evolution theory) is a condition that starts around the age of two, gradually develops over the next several years as the body produces less and less lactase, and depending upon the individual, sometimes doesn't even fully manifest itself until early adulthood.

Since humans themselves are mammals and feed their young through lactation, not only would every member of an agrarian society have consumed milk at some point in their lives, they would continue to witness it as a daily occurance both with their own young as well as with the progeny of their livestock. Humans therefore would inately know that milk is a food and only learn that it should not be consumed as their own bodies became less and less tolerant to it.

Therefore at lease for me, it's not hard to envision the practice of drinking animal milk arising in stages.

First as a replacement for human milk (e.g. The human mother has died or otherwise can't produce milk)

Second, as a suppliment for 2 - 3 year olds who could tolerate it.

Third, as a food for the rare individual (i.e. The mutation) who never develops an intolerance for it.

Foruth as a food for the (supposedly many) descendents of this individual

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit