sometimes when you think you've had it rough.....

by zev 11 Replies latest watchtower medical

• zev
    zev

think of the other guy or gal.

take for instance my 28 year old sister and I.

i've been preliminarily diaged with r.a. (so i know i have a lifetime of aches and pains to live with).

but my 28 year old youngest sister has been pooed on by the gene pool of live in a huge way.

she had a heart attack thursday, and now finds herself in a very good hospital in n.e. getting the ballon treatment.

has another one (attack) on sunday night.

today they are going back in to put in the stent or stents needed. she had 5 blockages and partials in all.

needless to say her life will/has changed from here on out.

• Satanus
    Satanus

For a 106 yr old, that's not bad Too bad about your 28 yr old sis. That's rough.

S

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Ooh, your poor sister! You sure put our family flu symptoms for the last month in a sharp perspective. Sounds like there may be a congenital problem. I hope the rest of you get checked out thoroughly-heart problems in the very young are often genetic unless she is severely obese or has other health issues. I hope she recovers her health and finds a regimen to keep her strong and able. Best of health to her! And to you. I was diagnosed with the RA(in an iffy way) when I was 21. It gets less and less iffy as I get older and my mom has it now, so the iffiness is pretty much shot. Take care!

• zev
    zev

i'm the oldest and have been checked recently.

i started taking care of certain things in my 30's, like lipitor, and when i hit 40 found i needed b.p. meds.

an asprin regiment has been a way of like for me for 10 years now. my recent stress test came out clean.

i have 3 sisters younger than me. the 28 year old is the youngest. we now know what her outlook will be.

the other two in between us are unknowns. but already one of them has promised to get herself checked out and change some of her less desirable habbits.

in the 28 year olds case this is pure genetics, hands down. in my case with r.a., it may also be genetics.

we'll find out more on the younger one as the day goes on and she gets that proceedure done.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i hope they get her all fixed up and she recovers well .. hugs

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

28 is young, so young for this kind of heart disease. So sad for your sister.

• zev
    zev

did i mention she's the mother of 4 year old twin boys?

she's been on an emotional roller coaster since this all started.

• hubert
    hubert

Zev, my good man. Sorry to hear about your sister. So young to have all these problems.

I agree that when you look at some other people's problems, yours can seem so small.

But, yours are compounding because the problems are all in your family. So sorry your new year is starting out so sadly.

I sincerely hope and pray for better health for you and your sister through the year.

Hubert and wife

• searching4truth
    searching4truth

I am sorry to hear that. I wish her the best.

• zagor
    zagor

Sorry to hear that Zev, hope she gets better.

My thoughts are with you

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit