started a blog

by candidlynuts 21 Replies latest jw friends

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

LG.......the ex has yet to find anyone else that will take him on. i still giggle about that cuz he said he'd replace me within a few weeks.its been over 5 years now lol

my kids are jw's.. one is a pioneer and wont talk to me much. she will answer my phone calls maybe once every 2 months. i do see her on occasion and it goes ok. but i have to seek her out..she wont seek me out. thats an improvement because a couple years ago she told me she was going to shun me as if i was disfellowshipped to "protect her own spirituality" and i've never said a word against the watchtower. none of the others are baptized although the pressure is on every time the co comes around. i have talked to the kids and begged them to wait till they are adults to decide simply because the elders are on their backs all the time as it is and if they get baptized they'll be on their backs with the power to threaten disfellowshipment against them. so far the elders are doing the work for me... the kids dont hold them in much affection because of their tyranical ways nit picking about their dress or music etc.

becca, that thought stopped me cold when it first occurred to me. my granny and great granny were devoted to Jehovah and knowing that the organization would judge their beliefs harshly now seems evil.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Well Candi - all I can say is that if you children know the real story of what happened in your household, give them time because they may just step away from it all as well.

It reminds me of the story of the women who was being abused by her husband, her husband went to the point of making her son film the abuse. Eventually a co-worker figured out what was going on and encouraged her to get help. Eventually she left her husband and filed charges. He was found guilty, but all the while he continued to play the part of the victim. The woman has 3 kids with this guy, initially the son who filmed the abuse sided with his father, but he came around. However, her oldest daughter still does not want to believe that her father was such a monster and blames her mother.

A person may have the knowledge of the event, but not the wisdom to go with it. A person may have the knowledge and the wisdom, but not be discerning enough to understand it all. I hope with age and wisdom your children will see you as the courageous women you have turned out to be.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks LG, i dont talk bad about their dad or the religion but i am honest when they ask questions. They're wonderful smart kids so i do hold out hope for them.

(i updated my blog tonight if anyones interested, covered the topic of adultrey )

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

bumping up cuz the massive troll posting tonight pushed me back 2 pages LOL

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Candi - I got caught up in the troll watching as well.

I read your second post regarding adultery. I agree 100% about people marrying young and the likelihood of someone cheating. But that is not always the case, I knew a guy who was an MS/ex-Bethel guy. He gave me the creeps. I am not really sure why, but I avoided him. But he was know to date and a lot. But anyways, he was in his 30's and he had been out of bethel for around 5 years and he wanted to be appointed an elder, but the elders said that they really did not want a single elder. So the dude finally married the chick he had been stringing along for 5 years. It was not one month after the wedding that everyone found out that during those 5 years he was living in the area, he pretty much hooked up w/ every girl he could. After a head count, it appeared that he pretty much slept with every chick in the bridal party (including his best friends wife). So even the older ones do it.

I think the JW religion lends itself to these things as well because of the extremes. When people decided they are going to do something "bad" they feel they might as well do it all the way.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet

Excellent work, candi.

Thankyou so much for sharing

dedpoet

• juni
    juni

Thanks Candi for sharing your story. It is amazing what goes on in that "paradise" ! The pain that the wronged party has to endure continues for years. It's a shame that how people treat the adulterer depends on who they are and the measure of butt kissing they perform.

Juni

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

thanks!

so far in my comments 2 people have posted about a loved one being killed by an abusive spouse after advice from the elders to " try harder to be a better wife" it's so shocking.

• love2Bworldly
    love2Bworldly

Thanks for sharing your story. Every day I learn about more pathetic behavior of people in the so-called True Religion. I wish my JW sister would open her eyes.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

i updated it again today touching on the pedophilia issue and the experiences in my area.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit