Another Year Hath Come & Gone!

by Brigido 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Brigido
    Brigido

Well, Happy New Year Everyone!!

Here we see another year has come and gone and everyone/everything hasn't changed. No "Great Tribulation - End of the System".

One more year has passed within the WBTS "Last Days"...that much closer to marking a century of the "Last Days".

I know this has been covered before but I too agree and predict that when 2014 rolls around, and nothing happens, there will be a

significant drop in the R&F. Now that's only 7 years away. No telling what the boys in Crooklyn will have to come up with to

keep the numbers from dropping.

Anyway...best wishes to all of you...hope this is a great year for all.

Brigido

• juni
    juni

Happy new year 2007 to you too Brigido!

Who knows what will happen w/the JW organization or anything for that matter. I just enjoy each day and the happiness I find during it and go on with my life.

Best to you,

Juni

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Brigido, happy new year to you.

I agree with you, I think 2014 will come and go, with nothing much happening.

However, there have been signs of late from Brooklyn that the wts may be thinking of backing away from the 1914 doctrine. There was an article in the Dec 2006 awake which referred to the kingdom, with no mention of 1914 whatsoever. We all know when the gb see that something they have said previously is about to prove embarassing, they back away slowly from it, so when the change does come the rank and file jws barely notice it. A good example of this of course, is the 1995 generation change, which although it disturbed some members, most carried on regardless.

As you say, they may have a few years to think of a way of changing or even abandoning the 1914 doctrine and avoiding a huge drop in numbers as a result. I wouldn't mind betting that they are scheming for a way to do this right now.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

I think there has been a significant change in the JWs since the mid 1990s. A lot of us on this site left then, at least in part due to the 1914 generation change. I was one of them. 2014 may bring a similar exodus. One can only hope.

S4

• Soledad
    Soledad

The average JW is worn out. They see year after year after year pass on by, with the same so-called "signs of the end" come and go and come again.........even my mom, an uber-dub, stays home from most meetings now and doesn't do field service as often. Says she doesn't feel "up to it." I never could have imagined her saying that 20 years ago!

• cultswatter
    cultswatter

HAPPY NEAR YEAR!!!!

• Brigido
    Brigido

Soledad, you are so right...they ARE worn out and tired. It's the same 'ol BS day in, day out, year after year. I see a lot of people just fading away because of this.

The boys in Crooklyn know this too...why else would they set the new year text to say something to the effect of "Jah's day is near"...like that hasn't been said

before? Nothing changes, don't think it will either.

Brigido

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit