JW Weddings. Avoid Paganism at all costs!

by MinisterAmos 15 Replies latest jw friends

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

I just got back from a real puke-fest of a JW wedding.

I'll post some notes from the ceremony but let's just say that I had to restrain myself from getting up and saying "Don't agree to that"!

Anyway. it's now "pagan" to throw a damn boquet?

• Odrade
    Odrade

It has always been "pagan" for the JWs to throw the bouquet. Ring = not pagan, cake = not pagan, attendants = not pagan, bouquet tossing = pagan, toasting = pagan. Stupid, huh?

• lfcviking
    lfcviking
    Ring = not pagan

Didn't the ritual of exchanging of wedding rings originate in ancient Babylon??

LFCV

• aniron
    aniron

Most things associated with a wedding are of pagan origin.

http://www.weddings.co.uk/info/tradsupe.htm

• Odrade
    Odrade

"ring = not pagan" {-------- tongue firmly planted in cheek

• Mulan
    Mulan

I remember when my cousin got married in 1961, she had a decorated flat sheet cake, and they didn't cut the cake together. She said all of that was pagan. I was only 15 but I remember telling her I thought she was being very silly.

If they want to be Biblical with their weddings they should just make a procession to the groom's house, and have a feast. No ceremony at all. They did wear special clothes, but there was no gathering of friends for a ceremony.

• juni
    juni

No doubt if you researched you'd find everything has its roots in paganism!

• jschwehm
    jschwehm
    toasting = pagan.

What I always loved were the wedding pictures from JW weddings where the wedding party had their glasses raised so it looked like they were toasting but they really were not............they just had their glasses raised.

So, there is always a way to get around some of this.........

Jeff S.

www.catholicxjw.com

• Arthur
    Arthur

I remember one wedding reception I was at where the DJ was a really cheesy, hyperactive, pompadour touting guy that one might see in an episode of "Love Boat". Anyway, when the bride and groom walked into the banquet hall, the DJ shouted "Okay, let's everyone rise and give our applause to the bride and groom!"

This is the kind of situation where you can almost see the smoke come out of the ears of JWs from them being thrown into mental confusion. I could see many Witnesses looking at each other in confusion. Everybody was thinking: "Is it okay for Witnesses to rise up and applaud someone like this?"

It was funny. Nobody had their bound volumes nearby to "consult" what the "Slave" says about such a situation. You could see small pockets of bodies standing, some sitting, and some that were half-way standing. The hilarity of the moment drove home to me how JWs are so governed by thier "Talmud" of do's and don'ts. No one in the room was confotable exercising their Christian conscience.

• Honesty
    Honesty

I'm very happy for the deceived couple !!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit