Only

by nicolaou 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nicolaou
    nicolaou

km4/93p.8par.1TieIntheTractsWithOtherLiterature*** 1 Of all the magazines being published today, onlyTheWatchtower and Awake! can help sincere readers find the path to everlasting life.

w863/15p.20par.16AllowNoPlacefortheDevil!***Only in the spiritual paradise, among Jehovah’s Witnesses, can we find the self-sacrificing love Jesus said would identify his true disciples

Only Jehovah’s people have completely broken free from Babylonish superstitions. Only they have an organization that completely abides by what God’s Word has to say on sexual immorality, abortions, drunkenness, stealing, idolatry, racial prejudice, and other worldly pursuits and practices. And they alone are the ones obeying the command to preach the good news of Jehovah’s Kingdom. (Matthew 24:14) God’s own Word unquestionably points to Jehovah’s Witnesses as the one organized people that have his blessing!

rqlesson5p.10par.4WhatIsGod’sPurposefortheEarth?***no wicked ones will be left to spoil the earth. Only God’s people will survive

w911/15p.29ThePureLanguageUnitesaGreatCrowdofWorshipers***All need to be concerned about learning and speaking the pure language, for only those doing so will survive Armageddon

w031/15pp.23-24"ZealousKingdomProclaimers"JoyfullyAssemble***As conditions in the world become ever more critical, how heartening it is to know that Jehovah will soon bring in his righteous new world! Who will live in it? Only those who worship Jehovah

w037/1p.7HowtoDevelopGenuineLove***How heartwarming it is to know that soon all the wicked will be gone, leaving only those who practice genuine Christian love! Truly, love is the key to happiness and life

w913/1p.7WhySoLongtoSettletheIssue?***This coming expression of God’s anger, which the Bible calls Armageddon, will unquestionably demonstrate that he does indeed exist. Only those who accept his sovereignty will survive that event.

• dedpoet
    dedpoet
    How heartwarming it is to know that soon all the wicked will be gone, leaving only those who practice genuine Christian love!

That leaves the jws out then, they are dead meat at the big A for sure!

• carla
    carla

Thank you for the current 'only' list that jw's insist do not exist.

• Scully
    Scully

Now contrast those words with the sanitized for public consumption version at http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm

Do you believe that you are the only ones who will be saved?

No. Many millions who have lived in centuries past and who were not Jehovah's Witnesses will come back in a resurrection and have an opportunity for life. Many now living may yet take a stand for truth and righteousness before God's time of judgment, and they will gain salvation. Moreover, Jesus said that we should not be judging one another. Humans look at the outward appearance; God looks at the heart. He sees accurately and judges mercifully. God has committed judgment into Jesus' hands, not ours.—Matthew 7:1-5; John 5:22, 27.

• Kaput
    Kaput

If only they (JW's) knew the truth.

• Confession
    Confession
    Scully: "...the sanitized for public consumption version..."

LOL! I was just writing about this to a friend of mine who was questioning me about my present beliefs.

Just like JWs, I've found other Christians are good at side-stepping this point a bit.

When people used to ask me, "So you think you're the only ones, huh?" I'd give them

some runaround about how no one except for God can truly know someone else's heart, and

He alone decides. But the truth was, OF COURSE I thought we were the only ones. And

Christianity teaches that they're the only ones too, doesn't it? If so, at some point,

I think you really have to deal with this teaching of Christianity: God created us. Lots of religions have

developed. He leaves it for us to choose which seems correct. BUT if we choose wrong,

he will destroy us for eternity.

• Shaolu
    Shaolu

Christianity is not a religion. That being said, in the end of things if you reject God, He will give you what you desire. He offers eternal life, and if you reject it then you will have what you want: eternal death. How's that for "side-stepping"?

• Confession
  • Shaolu
    Shaolu

Jesus Christ (Acts 4:12)

• Confession
    Confession

What about those do not reject--but accept Allah or Yah-weh through faiths common to Islam or Judaism? What if they have been presented with all the facts about all the world's major faiths, and conclude that one other than Christianity is best?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit