I finally did it!!

by Irreverent 19 Replies latest jw friends

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

I volunteered and gave blood for the first time this past Tuesday. My heart condition has improved to the point that my doctor okayed my donating blood. I am kind of a wuss when it comes to shots and needles; but being in a hospital in intensive care gets you over that. Since it was my first time; the process of getting put into the computer system added a little more time to the procedure. The actual giving of the blood took only 7 minutes and it didn't hurt one bit. I have had blood drawn for tests in the hospital that hurt more. I am so glad to be able to donate blood and help someone in a medical need. It is a satisfying feeling. I am thankful for my health and appreciate it everyday and am thankful that I could give of myself in this way.

• Scully
    Scully

Congratulations!!

I have been donating blood regularly for 7 years. It feels good to know that you are helping other people this way.

• blondie
    blondie

And he did it on his own without any coordination by his wife. I found out afterwards.

Congratulations, honey. Now we can be the couple that gives together.

Blondie

• bigwilly
    bigwilly

I donated plasma several years ago, but have to admit I just did it for the extra cash

• codeblue
    codeblue

I have thought about donating because I am very healthy, but, whenever I have blood tests it takes forever to get the sample.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I tried to donate the week following 9/11/2001 but could not because of medications I take routinely. Kudos to those of you who donate to help the rest of us.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

Congratulations Irreverent!!

GGG

• minimus
    minimus

So, how much did they give ya?? $$$$$$$$$$$

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Good for you Irreverent! Mini,I don't think that they pay for donating blood anymore.

Blueblades

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

MIN They gave me some juice and some water to drink and I ate some crackers with cheese spread on them. Also got to enjoy the view of the painting at the top of the rotunda.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit