What would you do in my situation?

by helncon 16 Replies latest jw friends

• TheListener
    TheListener

Welcome helncon.

Sounds like your dad has been more fair than most relatives. Good for you and him. It also sounds like he may need you more and more as his marriage gets under way.

Good luck.

• Bodhisattva1320
    Bodhisattva1320
    You know i was going to sit in the front row and now i definatly am!!!!!

HI and Welcome!! :)

I'm very glad to hear you have decided to sit in the front with your family where you belong !

I agree with the poster above that said your father sounds very reasonable and may need you even more once his marriage is underway. Good Luck and Enjoy your fathers wedding!!!

• Good Girl or Bad Girl?
    Good Girl or Bad Girl?

Welcome! I would say do whatever makes you feel comfortable. It's easier said than done to just waltz in there like you own the place, especially if the majority of the other guests will be JW's.

I agree with what has already been posted by many others, that you don't need to recognize their rules if you don't consider yourself a Witness.

As for the family drama, it will always be there as long as you have dealings with JW family. It's up to you to decide if it's worth it. It sounds like your dad has been very reasonable considering the circumstances. Don't take that for granted! And again, WELCOME!

• deeskis
    deeskis

Hi, and welcome to the forum

Again, I agree with what was said previously, you can sit where ever you want. But again, if you are trying to be respectful of your father, you may want to ask your father what he would feel comfortable with what you do.

I was going to say something similar to the above quote. Yes it is your right to sit anywhere you damn well want to..........but this is your fathers special day.

It might be best to talk to him about what he would like for you to do.

After saying that I must say that I sat down the front for my sisters wedding over 20 years ago, I was faded, not df. The family had shunned for about a year but we reconciled/reunited before the wedding. I found out about the engagement from a notice in the newspaper. My parents swore they would never shun again.

Hope it all works out for you whatever you decide to do, please let us know how it all goes.

Best wishes

D

• juni
    juni

Welcome to the forum helncon!

I have to agree with you. Sounds like your father's impending marriage is off on a rocky start since his soon to be wife is dictating to your father how he should and shouldn't treat you.

Preserve the relationship you have w/your father; where does he want you to sit?

Juni

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

Helloooo and welcome! As far as the wedding goes, front and center baby. You have every right to be there. Make 'em sweat.

• troubled mind
    troubled mind

You should sit were you feel the most comfortable..... which sounds like would be with the family . This weekend I photographed a witness wedding and the Father of the bride was D'fd and remarried . He sat second row from front on Brides side . I was pleased to see after the ceremony they asked him to stay for pictures and the Grooms family even came over and congratulated him . He was not invited to the reception though. People treat family disfellowshipping as an individual thing anymore . I see it more and more that the Elders don't have the sense of control over people like they use to, just depends on the congregation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit