Why JWs and ex JWs Return to Watchtower 3

by Victor_E 15 Replies latest jw friends

• Victor_E
    Victor_E

This post is an attempt to explain the paradoxical return of ex-JWs back to the Watchtower. My premise is that a person’s unconscious mind has a positive intent in leading them back to the former environment and the intent is of intrinsic value within individuals.

Developmental psychology tells us there are six primary developmental stages in a person’s life. If a person experiences developmental gaps or underdevelopment of a stage all the others that follow will not develop properly and these will be affected.
    These are as follows:

Safety 0-12 months
    In this stage the person is trying to determine whether he, is safe in this environment. This is pre-cognitive and is totally based on feelings and the senses. If the parents feel insecurities the child will be also affected by the symbiotic relationship that exists within this triad. This first stage is a critical primal stage that will either develop properly or it won’t. If it doesn’t, in adulthood the person has a pervasive fear and it will manifest itself in different ways. One way is the need to belong to a group, or the need to be in a relationship regardless of how flawed it may be.

Individuation 12-24 months
    This has often been referred to as the terrible twos stage. In this stage the child discovers that he is an entity apart from the triad and instinctively tests his limits or boundaries. He discovers one word that gives him power over his caregivers, that word is “no”. One generalization I will make is that people, who have difficulty-saying no, did not properly individuate. The consequence of this as it relates to this topic is, the person may not feel a deep congruency at saying “no” to a flawed theology. They may rationalize their return in all kinds of interesting ways; to them it’s their subjective truth.

Object constancy 24-48 months
    This is the stage where the intellect is being developed through the billions upon billions of distinctions in the use of the senses. The life guiding maps of experience are built in this stage. Researchers tell us that in this stage the brain will grow more than in all the other years combined. If we consider the lifestyle of JWs and how they raise their children within a sub cultural bubble, we can see the impoverished minds of adult JWs.

Magical thinking 5-6 years
    In this stage everything is magical to a child. The child asks a myriad of simplistic questions because to him everything is interesting. The paradises as well as gruesome Armageddon images are deeply imprinted in the psyche and the mind of the child. Persons sometimes stay stuck in this stage and this can be detected by their false hope of things changing without doing anything different to make the change happen. If you go to a JW meeting you hear a lot of magical thinking comments that are not based on reality.

Socialization 6-12 years
    This is the stage the child learns to develop life guiding interactive social skills. Most JW children lack the skills to interact in healthy ways to non-JW kids. At this late stage they have been filled with taboo beliefs about being different thus creating a social barrier. This is very detrimental to person should they ever leave the JWs. They often find themselves alienated from others due to their inability to connect with others. We can understand the strong inner pressure to return to the familiar JW environment than to risk growing and discovering one’s true nature, if a person is not properly developed in this area. I have met several JWs that could not function independently of their subculture due to the lack of social skills. The feeling of alienation overrode their logic of the flawed theology. In my opinion these people are better off within the tribal confines of their preferred congregation. They have not yet evolved to be self-sufficient independently searching for their life mission or exploring the magic of life.

Individuation teenage years
    The individuation phase starts all over again. At present the JWs are experiencing losses due to their adolescents not conforming to archaic teachings. In our modern world with information being so readily available from numerous sources, the Watchtower will continue to lose members.

Victor Escalante

• mymailmum
    mymailmum

I feel so sad for you...you have given so much of your life to Jehovah and then you gave up when under test.

Jehovah does not forget what you did for his name. But girl, you failed a test that all of Jehovah's Witnesses have to go thru. WE DO NOT SERVE AND WORSHIP PEOPLE, ESPECIALLY IMPERFECT PEOPLE!

You were tested like Job but you forgot to turn to Jehovah in pray to help you during the hardest test we all go thru. He would have guided you on what to do... then you would know for sure that He is real.

Are you with your new church people praising Jehovah and teaching people about the only hope of the Kingdom? You know you
    are not...but you know deep down that is what we are to do.

Jehovah has a perfect track record, EVERYTHING he says is going to happen...

Jesus said these apostates would come. They have all decided to jump off the bridge and you have followed. Just like Judas Escariot.

If I would have stayed in the Kingdom Hall just because of the people, imperfect people just like me, believe me I would have left a long time ago. I love Jehovah and if he allows certain things to continue for a time, then that is His decision.

Satan is the one testing all of Jehovah's people...he wants company.
    And all those aposates that have failed their test of faith in Jehovah want company too. And they cry about it all over the internet.

Why are they not coming to my door if they are so loving and they know what is going to happen in the future?

I cannot begin to tell you all the stuff I have personally gone thru over the years but I can tell you, I have seen ALOT. And each time I have had to make personal adjustments and sometimes even changed congregations where there were even apostates within, girl we are close to the end and you HAVE TO have a close relationship with Jehovah to get thru this. It is the only way...Please find a Hall that you feel comfortable and loved in...I know it is there for you... for sure...I trust in Jehovah! NOT imperfect MAN!

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Oh boy. Here we go...

Andi

• roybatty
    roybatty

I always "love" how JW's label people who leave the WT as having failed God. It's never possible in their minds that a person examined their beliefs, honestly saw areas that were not in harmony with what they believe the Bible teaches and thus no longer wanted to be a JW. Why is that SOOOOOO hard to comprehend? Oh, but it's easy for them to understand how a Catholic would leave his religion to become a JW. <sigh> Oh well, same old same old.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

mymailmum: Is it so hard for you to comprehend that perhaps the WTBTS is one of those apostates? Perhaps Satan is using IT as a tool to mislead YOU. Prove to me I'm wrong. You know Satan makes himself an angel of light so he could use 'The One True Org' to mislead many ...

Maybe that why there is so much corruption in the org. You really think a perfect god would stand for child molesters being top men in his org?

• ladonna
    ladonna

Hi Vic, "my favorite poster"
    Once again, an excellent post that is completly stamped with your usual hallmark of great knowledge of the human mind.
    What you have outlined is how we all "should" have been permitted to grow up. As you are aware, one can heal from any of the "missing links" in the growth process with good psychological guidance; not with the "more of the same" attitudes that some turn to. For example...another cult, any form of "organized religion"....that is all completely counter-productive to the healing and integration of the "self".

Ana.....your biggest fan

MymailMum,

If you knew one little small infetisimal thing about the man you just openly abused, I believe you may not have written with such apparent haste and lack of "true human spirituality"

Ana

I will defend, to your death, my right to my opinion.

• nelly136
    nelly136

great post victor,
    welcome mailmum, nice to see you here, dont forget each to you reply that counts as a return visit and three answers plus to the same thread probably counts as a bible study.
    nelly

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

• Tanalyst
    Tanalyst

Victor - always a treat to read your posts.thanks

Nelly - love your new lite

• Pubsinger
    Pubsinger

Mailmum.

Go on to Freeminds. Read the account of the True Faith JWs in Rumania.
    They were loyal JWs who were driven underground because of Communism for nearly 40 years. When they resurfaced, after being out of touch, and dare I say ,forgotten and abandoned, by the society, they were horrified to discover what the WT had become since 1962. They concluded that the WT had gone apostate.

For some reason this info is listed under "Secret Elder Letters". Not sure why.

This people never left the WT but look what happened to them.

• Tina
    Tina

what a cheesy way to count time mum.......do you mean Judas Iscariot? or Judas escargot there?(good dish btw).....
    Just an aside,the label 'apostate'? has no charge for us. Only the JW's think it does.......it's actually a label of freedom and I wear it proudly.
    There is no apocalyptic end mum,you'll be telling people this for years to come,and wasting your life.
    Now shouldn't you be out there knocking on the doors of unsuspecting ones? With your heinous message of 'hope?'
    PARADISE THRU GENOCIDE

Have a nice day :>

Carl Sagan on balancing openness to new ideas with skeptical scrutiny..."if you are open to the point of gullibility and have not an ounce of skeptical sense-you cannot distinguish useful ideas from worthless ones."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit