JW, XJW MOVIE STARS IN THE NEWS

by one 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Forscher
    Forscher
    Selena??? That wasn't covered in her movie.

She most certainly was Nellie. Since I haven't seen the whole movie I'll take your word for it that it wasn't mentioned in it. Although she met a tragic end, I give her parents credit for encouraging her not to give up her dreams to devote everything to the organization. I know some of that was because the family needed the kids to work in order to stay afloat. But still, they did give that encouragement and appear to still be doing so.

Does anybody know if Selena's husband, Chris Perez, was a Witness? Since the Quintanillas were very much against Selena and Perez's involvement with each other and tried to break them up, I always assumed he wasn't. He's a pretty good guitarist in his own right and I still enloy his solo parts from Selena's songs.

Forscher

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I saw the movie, again, about Selena just recently. I think it was last week. It made me and my husband cry all over again. There was no mention of her being a Jehovah's Witness in the movie. I don't think that Chris Perez is a dub. I found a little bit of information on him. He has a daughter now. I don't know how old she is at this time. He won a grammy for some song he made.

He still has a white flower on his guitar, which is in remembrace of Selena.

Here's a video of a song he and his band made.

http://www.editdogg.com/Chris_Perez_Play.htm

• Clam
    Clam

This is more for Brits but did anyone hear the Jonathon Ross Radio 2 inteview recently with Peter Andre? I just caught a bit of it but Ross tried steering him to his JW past with not much success. He seemed to have only positive things to say about the Dubs, but what's his story? Has he been DFd or was he never dipped? He was chatting away about how much he loved Christmas too.

Clam

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Not especially in the news, and as far a I know he has never made a movie - but this seemed an opportunity to mention Van Morrison.

I learned on this board that he had exposure to the dubs in his childhood . Thankfully he never took to it, and joined a band instead , becoming a star with "Them". It is evidenced in this track of his "Kingdom Hall" , sounds like wishful thinking of how meetings might be....

So glad to see you
    So glad youre here
    Come here beside me now
    We can clear inhibition away
    All inhibitions
    Throw them away
    And when we dance like this
    Like weve never been dancin before

Chorus:
    Oh, they were swingin
    Down at kingdom hall
    Oh, bells were ringin
    Down at the kingdom hall
    A choir was singin
    Down at the kingdom hall
    Hey, liley, liley, liley
    Hey, liley, liley, low
    Do do do do do do, do
    Do do do do do do
    Do do do do do do, do

• Mulan
    Mulan

there were a couple of things in the movie about Selena that a JW would notice that they were witnesses. In their kitchen the calendar was a JW calendar. In the living room, the Live Forever book was on an end table.

That's all I noticed. But I saw the movie again recently and didn't see them, but I doubt I would notice such things now.

• Forscher
    Forscher

Thanks for the info MsMcDuckett!

Forscher

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Stevie Wonder has a JW connection. (His brother has a child with a witness-?? Something like that)

James Ingram's brother Phil is (or was) a witness. We went to pioneer school together.

-Aude.

• free2beme
    free2beme

The MILLER twin brothers

Who is this?

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

Free - I wondered the same thing and looked them up. If you get Logo (it is a relatively new cable station for gay/lesbian/transgendered issues/stories), the Miller brothers are in a reality show about them trying to get their music out there. If you go to Logo on line, you can look them up and read up about them. I give the guys a lot of credit, not only fighting to have a music career but to fight what they were raised up to believe.

But here is my question, who in their family would not know they both are gay???? If you watch the show, they are SO the stereotypical gay guys, how could their family really not know. I do wonder if it was don't ask, don't tell. But then they came out with the show, so the WTBTS felt they needed to make an example of the (poor) guys. I say, good on the Miller brothers. I hope them much success.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit