TONS & TONS OF HISTORICAL JW PUBLICATIONS!!! A MUST SEE!!

by Lady Liberty 16 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hello everyone,

My dad showed me this site he stumbled across the other day, and I thought I would share it with all of you! You will be amazed at what is here!! Clear back to the very first publications!! You may want to download the file for your own research!!

http://www.catholic-forum.com/members/popestleo/jwhistory.html

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• sammielee24
    sammielee24

Very good - thank you. sammieswife.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear LL,

Thank you so verrrrrrrrrrrrrry much! It's in MY FAVORITES. Let me share my newest favorite quotation:

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead, anthropologist

Here at JWD I have found thoughtful and committed people. And YES! Though relatively small in number, they have already effected monumental change. Are we committed, or SHOULD we be committed [as in certifiable]? Not sure if I got Ms. Mead's meaning.

CoCo

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks, Lady Lib!

Baba

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed people can change the world; indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." -- Margaret Mead, anthropologist

Dear CoCo,

Thats a wonderful quote! I feel compelled to try and help as many here as possible get the information they need. I certainly do not have all of the infornation, but via the internet, it's just a matter of digging for it. I know when I was begining to have questions, I didn't want opinions, I wanted facts. That way I could base my findings on something real. If it wasn't for people on this forum as well as all the others on other sites who have put their time and energy into helping get the facts out, although small in number like you said, it would have taken me forever, if ever to gather all the needed information to make my decision about the organization. If I can help just one person, then my time spent here on the forum was worth it.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• orbison11
    orbison11

WOW ll

that is some find,,,i hope those that excell in this type of research jump right in and tell us what they find.thank u

wendy

• GermanXJW
    GermanXJW

I noticed that many sources are hosted on servers of Adventist Archives. You would never find old documents on public Watchtower ressources...

• restrangled
    restrangled

Thanks Lady Liberty,

It will take some time to read but instantly this struck me out of "Cast not away your confidence..."

Well 1873 came, the end of 6,000 years, and yet no burning of the world, &c.; but prophecies were found which pointed positively to 1874 as the time when Jesus was due to be present, and the resurrection of Daniel was also due as proved by the ending of jubilee cycles and the 1335 days of Dan. 12. The autumn of 1874 anxiously expected, finally came, but the earth rolled on as ever; "all things continued as they were from the beginning of creation." All their hearts were sad; they said, surely we have been in error--but where? Surely it is clearly taught that Jesus will come again; perhaps our calculation of time is at fault. Carefully they examined the chronology but it seemed faultless and positively declared that the 6,000 years ended in 1873. Then the prophetic arguments were carefully re-examined: Was an error found? No, they stood the test of all investigation and the jubilee argument and "1335 days" of Daniel could not possibly be prolonged beyond the fall of '74 or spring of 1875 and these periods were both past.

Sounds like 1974 and 1975. Shall we try for 2074 or '75?

Thanks again,

r.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

I noticed that many sources are hosted on servers of Adventist Archives. You would never find old documents on public Watchtower ressources.

Dear GermanXJW,

Isn't that the truth!! If the organization has nothing to hide, then why is it we have to go to Catholic, Advent, etc. sites for the organizations early publications?? Why is it the "official" website does not offer these old gems for their readers?? We all know why.. but for those of you who are lurking.. think about it?? Does that really make sence?? What are they trying to hide??

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

This is another good site which I use. I notice catholic.com links to it for some items:

www.strictlygenteel.co.uk

It is a JW's site - the reason they state for being there is fascinating:

The intention is to provide access to publications which would normally be found in the library at a Kingdom Hall, but which often cannot be found there today.
    This is mainly for two linked reasons:
    Firstly: These publications are in short supply. They are now out of print, and there is only a finite number of copies, many of which are suffering the effects of time.
    Secondly: The rapid growth in the number of Kingdom Halls throughout the earth has meant that not every Hall can have a copy of every publication. Recently it has been suggested that each congregation language group have its own library, further limiting the availability of these older publications.

There is also another reason for these publications being made available in this way: Some of these books are available on the Internet through sites run by apostates, which means that the person who wishes to consult them may also be exposed to other material of an apostate nature.
    It was felt that the need existed for a "safe" site for brothers and sisters who wish to see these early publications to do so in the context of a website containing no dangerous apostate ideas.
    This site is maintained by one of Jehovah's Witnesses who fully supports the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

The site is being extended as the publications are scanned and transcribed to web format. The intention is provide a library of early publications of the Watch Tower Society which can be referred to for research purposes, or purely for casual interest in Theocratic History.

It is appreciated that these documents do not reflect the current understanding of the Bible enjoyed by Jehovah's Witnesses, and for up-to-date information the reader is encouraged to visit the Official Site of the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit