Politically Correct Hillbillies

by kitten whiskers 6 Replies latest social humour

• kitten whiskers
    kitten whiskers

Saw this in the newspaper. Thought you all would enjoy!

" Due to the climate of political correctness now pervading America, those of us in Alabama, Georgia, Virginia, West Virginia and Kentucky will no longer be referred to as, "Hillbillies". You must now refer to us as "Appalachian-Americans". Thank You. Now, if you'll excuse me, I got sum' possums to fry. "

• dawgfan
    dawgfan

So watcha trying to say?

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

So we are "Damn-Yankee" "Appalachian-Americans" now.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Hey dawgfan! How's my Appalachain American kin doin'? This "Damn Yankee" didn't write it! I guess what I'm sayin' is I don't know who I am anymore---boo hoo. Well, time to get off the pity wagon and fry them possums up! Go DAWGS! Kitten Whiskers

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Thehypnotoad---No darling. We will still have to check the box "Damn Yankee" on our tax returns! I think we have to go the Secretary of State to file for the "Appalachain American" change on our documents! Kitten Whiskers

• barry
    barry

When I went to California for a holiday they called me an Australian hillbilly because of my accent and now if i go back I wont be so offended. Good Idear this political correctness.

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

Cincinnati Ohio actually has a no discrimination ordinance for protecting people of Appalachian descent. It is illegal there to discriminate against anyone from the Appalachian region. Back in the 50's and 60's I was told by my grandma and grandpa that businesses in Ohio used to have signs that said no "no hillbillies" "no briarhoppers".

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit