e-watchman mass banning

by spiceant 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• spiceant
    spiceant

Recently e-watchman started deleting/suspending (theres a difference?) accounts of people on the e-Jehovahs-witnesses.com forum left and right which he and the moderating team deemed to be discussing apostate things as in apostate in brother Kings own vision, further detailed in some posts (basicly barring out discussions of JW doctrine).

I suppose my own offenses was my "staying in the org. Why?" thread and one that explained that one should not depend on KH's to be able of worshipping. (it has, in fact, come—when what you're called will not matter and where you go to worship will not matter. -John 4:23).

But thats not the point here, are ex-e-JW's regrouping somewhere? I have not seen any posts about it and the search phunktion is down.

regards, ant

• mouthy
    mouthy

??????? No Idea.

• Green Chille
    Green Chille

I didn't know that web site exsited. Sounds like someone does not believe in "Freedom of speech"

• moshe
    moshe

Spiceant- it looks like you and DonnaLily will have to spend more time on JWD. We're Ok folks-right? It's like they moved the whole KH on you guys and left no forwarding address. I agree with others that this Mr King Kong was getting delusional ideas.

• ICBehindtheCurtain
    ICBehindtheCurtain

Hi Spiceant, I used to be on e-watchman's forum "Paradise Cafe" about a year ago but decided to leave after I kept researching and decided the whole JW thing is a big lie, it seems e-watchman is still hell bent on thinking that there is some credibility to that religion. I also did not agree with this banning thing, doesn't he realize people are tired of being restricted from speaking their minds? That website helped me to start opening my eyes without feeling too uneasy about being in an "apostate" website, since in the beginning he was an active JW, it wasn't till later when he got DF'd. I'm glad your'e here Spiceant, were a much nicer group, diverse, intelligent, and fun!

IC

• uninformed
  • yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

deleted - accidental post.

• yaddayadda
    yaddayadda

Apparently e-watchman still holds to all of the Society's core teachings, but selectively trashes other teachings like 1914, etc. I think recently a lot of persons on his site have been challenging some of the JW core doctrines, eg, that there is a heavenly hope, that the JW's are the only true religion, etc, so E-W has come down hard. If he wants to suppress discussion on things like that then that is his perogative, but it seems he has not given people much warning and has treated otherwise loyal people very harshly by banning them without any further ado. No doubt he is convinced in his own mind that he is doing everyone a favour by ousting these 'apostates' on his site.

Moderator-1 on his website is Timothy Kline, who administers King's forum software. Kline is an internet whiz and has his own JW-related website - 'Pathways' or something. King will never admit that Kline is moderator-1 as Kline prefers to use weighty, scathing words anonymously (remind you of any group?). Kline is a ruthless moderator on e-w's forum, but on his own website he tolerates discussion on just about anything, and in fact Kline has posted an article questioning whether there is a heavenly resurrection at all, something that e-w doesn't like discussed on his site! Kline has also admitted he doesn't believe the JW's are the one true religion, something anathema to e-w. If that's not hypocritical I don't know what is.

• Cindi_67
    Cindi_67

Well I don't understand Mr. "Watchman's" intentions because he himself has been disfellowshiped for apostasy. All these things he says about 1914 and in his book "Jehovah Himself Has Becoming King" is in total opossition to the Orgn.'s view on Jesus' coming, and where and how Jehovah will judge humanity, starting with his own organization. The fact that he wrote this book, built this website and has openly acknowledge his thinking is different from what the Society says has deemed him one of the big "apostates" in the Society's eyes. His book even goes on to contradict almost everything the book of "Daniel's prophecy" says.

So whatever his intentions are, I just don't care about commenting anything on that site anymore.

• uninformed
    uninformed

Cindy,

Very well put.

Brant

to yadda-------------

Re: Timothy Kline

I think he is a paid moderator of EW. I'm not sure about the pay, but he has made it clear that although he does not agree with EW on everything, that he will enforce the rules of the DB.

Thats not much of a hypocritical stand is it?

Brant

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit