Non JW dating a DF JW

by ea1974 19 Replies latest social relationships

• ea1974
    ea1974

Thank you guys so much. As I sit here sobbing in tears, I know what I have to do. It tears my heart out. Wow..what a waste of 3 yrs. Sad...

• Bryan
    Bryan

Not sure why you would want to be with him if you feel he's lying or not being honest.

I raised my daughter as a Witness, She's now almost 22 and hasn't spoken to me for 3 years. Why? Because I'm not a Witness.

Here is a good current topic on the subject of the Watchtower breaking up families:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/126230/2232766/post.ashx#2232766

Best,

Bryan

• ferret
    ferret

ea1974

I would make sure his wife knows about you and your future baby. Then she might cause him make a decision. He does not deserve the best of two worlds.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh, and go out and buy yourself a nice little Christmas present. You deserve it.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

ea1974, how's it going today? Are you ok?

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Wow, you are in one tough spot. I don't believe your biggest problem is that this guy is a JW and wants to raise your child as a JW. The biggest problem is that he doesn't have a clue who he is or what he wants. Look what this is doing to you emotionally. It will have an even greater emotional impact on a young impressionable child. "One week I have a daddy, the next I don't?"

This guys is so undecided and unstable that I would run in the other direction as fast as possible (regardless of what religion he belonged to). Tell him, if he makes up his mind once and for all what he wants, to give you a call, maybe you'll still be available. Until then he can send the child support payments to..... Perhaps an ultimatum will make him realize that you are the one he wants. If not, you haven't lost much, just 1/2 a relationship. As long as he can get away with keeping both of his families, it seems like he will do exactly that.

Cog

• Abandoned
    Abandoned
    Yeah..he is a very lost soul. Thinks that the WT is the only way to be a good decent person. Knows nothing else. Im screwed. I do love him very much. But My child has to be my main concern now.

I agree with you. Take care of your kid and your own emotional health. ((((ea1974))))

• cr1234
    cr1234

My heart goes out to you! I don't think that this is about being a witness. It is a flaw that he has emotionaly and you need to be strong and get support from your family. He isn't going to change! I know you want him to but unless he gets help he isn't ever going to make a good husband. Who wants a man that acts like that anyway????

Also, I have had friends that marry the disfellowshipped witness only to find that it never works out. He can't even make his mind up about the religion. Step back and look at the situation. Please don't let him bring the baby up a witness. I have 3 kids and they are all grown but none are witness and my husband and I finally walked away. Life is good and my kids don't regret the hall but they don't want it in there lives at all. I think now of all the time I wasted at meetings, etc. When I could have been with my kids and husband doing fun family things.

BUT A NEW PAIR OF SNEAKERS AND RUN LIKE HELL!!!!!

C

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings ea1974,

Your "BF" has got his proverbial "tit in a ringer", and sounds like he's more concerned about saving his own hide. I'd tread carefully If I were you. He sounds like he's a snake in the grass You might consider being a whistletblower about what's been going on, so as to clear the air and see where he really stands.

Dismembered

• nelly136
    nelly136

you will be a great mum, you and your child really dont need this jerk or his baggage messing up your lives.

any man that runs between two women is not much use to either of you let alone the added complication of the jw stuff to go with it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit