suicide & the bible

by siy 3 Replies latest jw friends

• siy
    siy

i have a few questions about suicide! is there a scriptural principal which makes suicide ok.

i can think of one at the moment, SAMSON... didnt he ask God if he could die with his emamys?

he chose to end his life by bringing the tempel down on him self & the phillastines.

he didnt say " god save me beneath the rubble" (lack of faith??)

so are there differences that make one persons suicide ok & another's not!

is there a difference between the man that throws him self under a train & the poor people that jumped from the wtc!!

didnt they ( through no fault of there own) choose to jump rather than die from smoke inhalation!

will these who kill them self get a resurrection!! is it dependent on your reasons WHY!

( by the way im not thinking about killing myself so dont stress out)

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

If there was no armegeddon in 1975, what makes you think there is going to be a ressurrection?

• freyd
    freyd

Because Christ died for sins of the WHOLE WORLD. Not just the ones the WT doesn't consign to Armageddon.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Samson and Judas were the only two prominent ones that I can recall, and one of them is spoken of a lot more favorably than the other in the bible, yet both apparently took their own life. Based on those two examples alone, I think one would have to draw the conclusion that it would depend on all the circumstances involved as to whether someone who committed suicide was justified in doing so. JMO....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit