Range Report...

by Justice-One 13 Replies latest social physical

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Nice photos.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

maybe you missed my point.... .223 is a little underpowered but for the level of training our guys get in marksmanship mowdays the recoil is tolerable for the average troop. I have shot against quite a few recent military and LEO folks and wonder how they lived so long.

I dont like the M16 platform...any semi-auto that vents gas into the reciever is asking for trouble. The Ruger-garand platform in 7.62x39 would seem to be a better comprimise.

The Medal of Honor winner in Somolia just happend to be a Spec ops type... typical infantrygrunt wouldnt have had a M 14 and would have stayed in the fight till dead.

It's the man, not the gun...always has been.

~Hill

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I have shot against quite a few recent military and LEO folks and wonder how they lived so long.

ManOman you got that right! For the most part our rank and file military and police cannot shoot worth shit. In the past, I have outshot a swat team with my M14 using IRON SIGHTS. We were both shooting at a man sized target at 550 meters. With the rifle and scope combo they had, they should have been hitting it EVERY time. So when I hit it 7 out of ten times, (from position) it kind of embarrased them.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    The Medal of Honor winner in Somolia just happend to be a Spec ops type... typical infantrygrunt wouldnt have had a M 14 and would have stayed in the fight till dead.

True. But Randy did die fighting. He got the MOH postumisly. (spelling?)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit