JW Children Lie in Custody Cases

by compound complex 290 Replies latest watchtower bible

• compound complex
    compound complex

NEXT:

Contrasts and compasisons between breadth of viewpoint of Branch Committee members and narrowness and rigidity of the GB.

Scriptures used by BCMs to refute existing policy.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dear Friends,

Sorry for delay; after 30 minutes of arduous typing last evening [I am better thanx to Quandry's help], my service provider shut down and all was erased. Service resumed a bit ago and I'm off to work. Will return asap to retype the Scriptures Branch Committee of Brazil used to refute the GB. Good Stuff!
    Thank you!

Coco

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Scriptures they referred to read as follows (NEW WORLD TRANSLATION):

Matthew 5:41: "If someone under authority impresses you into service for a mile, go with him for two miles.

Romans 13: 7: "Render to all their dues, to him who calls for the tax, the tax; to him who calls for the tribute, the tribute; to him who calls for fear, such fear; to him who calls for honor, such honor."

Titus 3:1-3: "Continue reminding them to be in subjection and be obedient to governments and authorities as rulers, to be ready for every good work, to speak injuriously of no one, not to be belligerent, to be reasonable, exhibiting all mildness toward all men. For even we were once senseless, disobedient, being misled, being slaves to various desires and pleasures, carrying on badness and envy, abhorrent, hating one another."

1 Peter 2:13, 14: "For the Lord's sake subject yourselves to every human creation, whether to kings as being superior or to governors, as being sent by him to inflict punishment on evildoers but to praise doers of good."

• compound complex
  • Shawn10538
    Shawn10538

I think we need to set up a meeting with Eduardo. I find that when an argument has had no results in cyber world, sometimes a face to face meeting can work wonders. I believe that he has stated his last name on here somewhere. Let's look him up and try to talk with him in person. I know I've tried to get him to call me but to no avail. Apparently talking with ex-JWs here does not count as bad association. I wonder how he reasons that away. But, my number is 562-225-5928. Eduardo can call me, or maybe I'll be calling him. I just want to talk soul to soul. Looking into the eyes of somwone that you disagree with can make you see things in a totally different way. Maybe Eduardo's heart can be opened this way.

• compound complex
    compound complex

Greetings Shawn,

Welcome to the board and thank you for your post. You are absolutely correct: talking with another face to face is preferable to the phone or computer screen. I hope you succeed in getting your wish.
    From my personal experience I've learned that sticking to your goal is the key. Being available, being "there" - you are more likely to snag the opportunities when they do arise. What I have gained to my betterment has resulted from my finding something beneficial in what initially appeared insignificant. The result you seek may come walking in through the back door.

Compound-Complex aka Coco

• compound complex
    compound complex

Reading the letters of these Branch Committee members I could not help but contrast the thoughtfulness and breadth of viewpoint many of their expressions revealed as compared with the narrowness and rigidity of the assertions made by several of the Governing Body members. I had already submitted to the Governing Body a 14-page, carefully documented discussion of the Biblical and historical evidence relative to submission to government authority and when that authority orders a citizen to perform certain work or service of a non-military nature. Among other things, I felt that the evidence clearly showed that performance of such service came within the Scriptural designation of taxation, since taxation from ancient times has included compulsory forms of labor. As just one example, at 1 Kings 5:13-18 we read (NEW WORLD TRANSLATION) of Solomon's "bringing up those conscripted for forced labor out of all Israel." The Hebrew expression rendered "forced labor" is the word MAS, meaning compulsory labor. [ibid., p. 265.]

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Hi Shawn. You will find Eduardo's contact info at one of his two websites:

http://www.oroborus21.com/

http://www.jehovahs-witnesses.info/

~Sue

• compound complex
    compound complex

[continuation of paragraph, page 265.]

When the translators of the SEPTUAGINT VERSION (of the third century B.C.) translated this Hebrew term - not only here but in other texts where it appears - what Greek term did they employ? They rendered it by the Greek term "pho' ros". That is the identical term used by Paul at Romans 13:6 when he speaks of paying tax to the superior authorities. [37] While the term can and undoubtedly does in many cases apply to a money tax, IT IS IN NO WAY RESTRICTED TO THIS, as the SEPTUAGINT'S use of it for "compulsory labor" forcefully demonstrates. [38] I regret that in view of its lengthiness it is not possible to present here the complete discussion and the Scriptural, historical, lexicographical, and etymological documentation provided. [39] - [emphasis: RF]

[footnote text is lengthy and will be provided in next installment.]

• compound complex
    compound complex

[AT&T net problems resolved; thank you for your patience]

NEXT: Attitude of GB regarding concern of BC members toward brothers' suffering in their respective countries [clue: pretty cold and heartless].

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit