Not sure what to do.

by nonamegiven 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• nonamegiven
    nonamegiven

I talked to my mom yesterday. She asked how I was doing. I told her I'm having a hard time with the whole DF'ing thing. Well, we started talking and she was giving me all the JW talk about how Satan the debil is using this time of weekness to get me and so on. Doesn't this tell you that Satan is more powerfull that Jah? I've been booted from this org and now satan can waltz right in and take me? Does this mean that Jah doesn't care about me? If not, then why should I care about him? If he does then why wouldn't he help me at this time of need? None of this makes sence.

Anyway, my point for this post is weather or not I should talk to my mom about what I've learned. Right now she doesn't really treat me like a DF victim so I kinda say, don't rock the boat. But at the same time I wonder if I should try to teach her what I've learned so she can be free. She cares for a dissabled husband and I'm sure what keeps her going is the thought of this great reward of life on earth in paradise and on and on. I don't know if I should take that from her.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

IMO, you are in a touchy situation with your mother. She doesn't shun you, but she should
    at least stop talking to you about spiritual stuff, according to even the least strictest sense of the rules.
    She wants to help, so she doesn't have a WTS rule in her head, she loves her son. She feels that
    you will come back so she violates the shunning rule.

If you start talking about the evil slave or the UN or mind-control cults, or any of that-
    she might decide that WTS is right about DF'ed people. They are the devil's tools. Or she
    might go to the elders and they will tell her that. Don't push it. Stay with having trouble with
    being DF'ed. She will probably actually shun you if you start with apostate talk.

If you decide to stay DF'ed, that's another story. You can get ideas about how to slowly
    introduce the subject to your mother by educating yourself- read books, internet study.

• kls
    kls

My answer would be not just yet. You say you are recently Df'd , well i would let her think you left because of the org it self meaning , its people and the BS that goes with it . If you come out and tell her you have been reading Apostate material , that will just give her the ammo she needs to tell you it was Apostates and their lies that have dragged you from Jah. Me personaly, i would let her think it is the workings of the org that you found to many flaws with .

As i am married to a jw and this is what i have done , so he can't throw Apostate material in my face as to why i let the cult.

PS, don't know why you were Df'd but it doesn't matter . Any jw that reads such garbage is frowned upon and told they are all lies.

• becca1
    becca1

I would say "don't rock the boat". You have managed to keep a relashionshio with your mom, you are very fortunate. Maybe later on you can slowly introduce some of your findings. But for now, be happy for what you have.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

KLS, my advice was based on previous posts. nonamegiven wants to get reinstated before he starts a fade, because he has family in the borg. You can find his story in his Thread history.

If he wants to get reinstated, his mother can be okay with talking to him, but only if she feels he is not really apostate.

If he wanted to stay DF'ed, then another course could be best.

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Dear Given,

She cares for a dissabled husband and I'm sure what keeps her going is the thought of this great reward of life on earth in paradise and on and on. I don't know if I should take that from her.

There really is no problem here, is there. Looking at what you have written, it seems fairly clear that you do know what to do. Trust your heart and listen to your own wisdom. Often times the best action, is no action.

Be patient. Be kind. Don't attempt to take away your dear mothers hope of paradise until you have something better to offer her. Let her be, and focus on your own education and enlightenment.

j

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Just be the best child you know how to be under the circumstances.

• sspo
    sspo

Don't rock the boat.

For many of the older ones, I say let them be, because the congregation might be only social life they have and of course

even if we do not agree with the hope on a paradise earth and still gives them a good feeling and something to look forward to.

Sometimes ignorance is a blessing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit