Disfellowshipped father in law died need ammo for JW,s

by moomanchu 6 Replies latest social family

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

I won't go into details.

Family is split down the middle by JW,s.

Whats irritating is now that he's dead JW side of family is saying we'll see him in paradise said prayer for him and acting like he was JW but at the same time treating DA'ed and faded side of family as evil.

Maybe they'll treat us nice after we're dead to yeaaah!!!!

Anyway can anyone post or direct me to info. or link and old post about this subject ------

Dieing as a disfellowshipped JW what does the Watchtower really say??????

• avidbiblereader
    avidbiblereader

I don't know the witness stance on the matter anymore bc they change so much and haven't tried to fill my mind with man made religion but they use to say if a person dies in a DF'd state or DA'd state, they wouldn't get life and "man I wouldn't want to be in their shoes on judgement day" I dont' really care what the WT says about this subject or their thoughts on it. They change more than Custer had Indians.

The Bible on the other hand says in Romans 6:7 7 For he who has died has been acquitted from [his] sin.

The wages sin pays is death, a person who has died has paid for their sins, and the Bible holds out the wonderful hope in Rom 5:6-11 6 When we were utterly helpless, Christ came at just the right time and died for us sinners. 7 Now, most people would not be willing to die for an upright person, though someone might perhaps be willing to die for a person who is especially good. 8 But God showed his great love for us by sending Christ to die for us while we were still sinners. 9 And since we have been made right in God’s sight by the blood of Christ, he will certainly save us from God’s condemnation. 10 For since our friendship with God was restored by the death of his Son while we were still his enemies, we will certainly be saved through the life of his Son. 11 So now we can rejoice in our wonderful new relationship with God because our Lord Jesus Christ has made us friends of God.

Thank goodness we have a hope that is secure no matter what a witness or man made lit says.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Moomanchu,

Well first, I want to tell you how very sorry I am about the loss of your father in law. You and your family will be in our thoughts and prayers!

When I read your thread it made me think of this scripture. Its found in Mark 9:38-41 (NWT)

John said to him: "Teacher, we saw a certain man expelling demons by the use of your name and we tried to prevent him, because he was not accompanying us."39 But Jesus said: "Do not try to prevent him, for there is no one that will do a powerful work on the basis of my name that will quickly be able to revile me; 40 for he that is not against us is for us. 41 For whoever gives YOU a cup of water to drink on the ground that YOU belong to Christ, I truly tell YOU, he will by no means lose his reward.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Hi again,

Wasadummy just posted this comment and thought it may give you some good reasoning points as well:

Since the WTS speaks so beamingly about ,and quotes never endingly Solomons writings, we should consider it possible that ,since Solomon died apparently as an apostate that perhaps Ray Franz and we too may get everlasting life and he may even be quoted one day. This would be consistant would'nt it? What say Ye? SIncerely, Lady Liberty

• Mulan
    Mulan

Years ago the son of one of an older sister in our congregation, died of AIDS. He was a former Bethelite, who left to follow his own path, and was df'd of course.

We all felt so badly for her, because of his situation. She and her non JW husband, had gone to be with him when he died. Her reply to anyone who asked about it, was "it's in Jehovah's hands". At the time, I thought she was probably right.

Now, I have a different view of it all, but I thought she was pretty balanced.

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

Thanks for the comments

Randall Waters essay on disfellowshipping has good info I might print some of it to show jw,s

While disfellowshiping for unrepentant gross sins is biblically proper (1 Cor. 5:13), the WT cuts off anyone who disagrees in the slightest with Watchtower policy or teaching; one of the many reasons they are recognized as a cult. (For a full treatment of the Scriptural reasons for disfellowshiping, see the March/June issues of this Newsletter.) To be disfellowshiped by the elders of the Watchtower (even over minor doctrinal issues) means being totally shunned by God as well:

It is a great tragedy for one to be disfellowshiped. For this means a cutting off from Jehovah and his favor. The disfellowshiping action taken by the congregation is merely the confirmation of what has already taken place in the heavens. These visible agents of God [the elders] merely acknowledge what Jehovah has already done in heaven. (emphasis added)
    A disfellowshiped person is cut off from the congregation, and the congregation has nothing to do with him. Those in the congregation will not extend the hand of fellowship to this one, nor will they so much as say "Hello" or "Good-bye" to him. (ibid., p.411,412)
    [The members of the congregation] will not converse with such one or show him recognition in any way. If the disfellowshiped person attempts to talk to others in the congregation, they should walk away from him. In this way he will feel the full import of his sin. . . . the disfellowshiped person who wants to do what is right should inform any approaching him in innocence that he is disfellowshiped and they should not be conversing with him. (ibid., p.413; emphasis added)

what is ibid. ??

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

ibid. refers back to the previous citation. Whatever issue of the Watchtower or whatever other publication he is quoting from, the second and third quotes come from the same issue or book, on the pages cited. You'd have to read the previous paragraphs of the essay to see what the citation was. Hope that helps - kind of an awkward explanation.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit