Watchtower Software

by TowerWatch 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Someone told me that the WTBTS has software for Witnesses that blocks out "Apostate" sites and enables them to track sites their children visit. This somehow does not ring true to me and I have dismissed it as rumor. Anyone know of anything like this? I know there is software out there like that but is the Watchtower publishing a version of their own and making it available to the publishers as this person said?

Thanks!

Cal

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I don't know. In one way it sounds like something they would promote - CONTROL! On the other hand I doubt they would bother since those determined enough to look around the internet will find a way.

Jeff

• blondie
    blondie

I'm sure there is software out there that allows parents to block certain sites from view by their children. They are probably adaptable to whatever the parent feels is dangerous. I doubt that the WTS would devote time and money to developing a specialty software. I have not heard of the WTS telling parents to use the generic software or read of such on this or other ex-JW sites.

Blondie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

I think I remember seeing a thread where this was suggested as the kind of thing the Watchtower would do, but it wasn't suggesting that they were actually doing it. The rumor may have sprung from that thread.

Sounds like a parody site waiting to be built, doesn't it? ;-)

Dave

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thank you blondie

if anyone would know you would. You always know the latest.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch

Thank you Dave.

I was 99% sure it was rumor but one never knows.

Cal

• Jourles
    Jourles

The other whack cult uses that software - Church of Scientology.

• TowerWatch
    TowerWatch
    The other whack cult uses that software - Church of Scientology.

Interesting, another Possible source of the rumor.

Cal

• Billzfan23
    Billzfan23
    Someone told me that the WTBTS has software for Witnesses that blocks out "Apostate" sites and enables them to track sites their children visit. This somehow does not ring true to me and I have dismissed it as rumor. Anyone know of anything like this?

Well, it's safe to say that software is not installed on your computer or mine!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

I think I heard that scientologists have done this before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit