Your JW Memories of Christmas

by Nosferatu 14 Replies latest jw friends

• mama1119
    mama1119

I just remember loving the season and having to hide that I loved it and wanted to participate. I hated being excluded from all the festivities at school and non JW family.

• zagor
    zagor

What I remember as growing up is that quite a few dubs would come to our christmas dinner (my dad wasn't a dub, my mom was) Of course, I never saw any 'conscience pains' on any of them. IF anything they had sore stomachs from overeating . . .

• Soledad
    Soledad

when I was very young (about 7) I would spend the day dialing those 976 numbers advertised on tv to hear Santa stories. One time I mis-dialed a digit and got a completely different type of call on the other end of the phone! I think most of the time I felt ok with it, it was just a day to spend at home relaxing and watching tv. Occasionally I would get a gift from a schoolmate or relative. One year I actually got to spend Christmas eve with my father's family in Miami. It was so cool going to the beach on Christmas day.

• unhappy
    unhappy

I rmember feeling, when I was younger, very excluded and that I had to make the holiday as like any other day as poss. Yeah right like it could be! It was really hard when I would go back to svhool and everyone would be talking about what they got, an I got a BIG FAT NOTHING, yeah it was good fun. Not this year though

Happy at last

• C_of_Tranquility
    C_of_Tranquility

I remember my father coming home without receiving his Christmas bonus's every year from work. My mother would be livid. She would tell him to go back and get it *sigh* every year and he would. Just one of the small hypocracies that stuck out like a sore thumb in my young mind.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit