Australia wins back the Ashes

by barry 10 Replies latest jw friends

• barry
    barry

Just thought all the poms might like to know as they eat their breakfast this morning Australia just won the third test to take back the Ashes.

Warney now has 699 test wickets four of which he got from Englands second innings.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Well that'll make all the Aussies who comment on one of the blogs I read happy, while it'll just further mystify all the Americans who frequent it.

• zagor
    zagor

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi oi oi!

• heretic
    heretic

Aussie Aussie Aussie! Oi oi oi!

do you even know what that means zagor??

dont worry if you dont cos Aussies dont either.

It came out at the 2000 olympics and is the worst thing for Australias image, its just plain embarrassing to be in the middle of. Gimme a CHAMPIOWNAY CHAMPIOWNAY OLAY OLAY OLAY! anyday.

tijkmos right i kinda enjoyed last ashes better even though we lost. However I may change my tune when we cap the 5-0 whitewash. Freddies a champ though.

• zagor
    zagor

::do you even know what that means zagor??

I guess growing up in Sydney taught me a thing or two ;)

• zagor
    zagor

::its just plain embarrassing to be in the middle of. Gimme a CHAMPIOWNAY CHAMPIOWNAY OLAY OLAY OLAY! anyday.

You shouldn't be embarassed about who you are, you should be really proud of your origin. Australia is the greatest country in the world and it's people are most down to earth and uncomplicated people you'll ever see no matter where you travel. Believe me, I've been places and met many people so I'm confident in what I'm talking about.

• barry
    barry

Just to explain to our foreign readers here the Ashes I refer to are in an ern in England and are the Ashes of the Cricket stumps burnt in a match over a hundred years ago. When Australia first won in a cricket match in England it was too much for an English lady who gathered the Cricket stumps together and burnt them. thereafter the Ashes have been kept in an ern in England and the match between Australia and England has been known as the Ashes

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

We didn't lose the Ashes, we surrendered them. England played negative cricket in 3 games, and haven't any guts. Australia were the better team. When are we going to win an Ashes series in Oz? The dubs have a better chance of seeing Armageddon sooner.

IRONHEAD

• heretic
    heretic
    you should be really proud of your origin. Australia is the greatest country in the world and it's people are most down to earth and uncomplicated people you'll ever see no matter where you travel. Believe me, I've been places and met many people so I'm confident in what I'm talking about.

I agree mate.

I thought you were a yank??!! It was late and I was pretty tanked when i posted that last one.

Im a proud Aussie but I have to stick to my guns about the oi oi oi thing just cant bring myself to do it.

I just... cant.

love to.

cant

• deeskis
    deeskis

Heretic

Look at moi, look at moi, now I've got one thing to say to you.............Oi Oi Oi!

Come on you can do it waterboy!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit