Proof of crossing the red sea? I doubt it!!!!!!!

by Schism 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Schism
    Schism
    First of all, I'm sorry I couldn't figure out how to take off this huge red font! Well, I got this in an email (from someone who thinks the Bible is a loving and beautiful book) and I believe it's a crock. Why on Earth would the wheel below be so very shiney??? Also, I realise fossils are real, but why would human bones last thousands of years underwater amongst all that bacteria at the bottom of a sea? Somebody debunk this so I can go on with my life please. I hate stupid emails like this. If this were actually found, wouldn't I have seen it on TV? I leave it on National Geographic constantly, and I think I would have been the first to hear about it! I keep telling myself "there's no Jehovah. No such God could have actually liked King Solomon. Or Moses. Or any other cruel jerk in the Bible". Ok I'll shut up. But read it. I hate it! Evidence of the crossing of the Red Sea.... Pharaoh's Drowned Army Confirmation of the actual Exodus route has come from divers finding coral-encrusted bones and chariot remains in the Gulf of AqabaONE of the most dramatic records of Divine intervention in history is the account of the Hebrews' exodus from Egypt .

The subsequent drowning of the entire Egyptian army in the Red Sea was not an insignificant event, and confirmation of this event is compelling evidence that the Biblical narrative is truly authentic. Over the years, many divers have searched the Gulf of Suez in vain for artifacts to verify the Biblical account. But carefully following the Biblical and historical records of the Exodus brings you to Nuweiba, a large beach in the Gulf of Aqaba , as Ron Wyatt discovered in 1978.

Repeated dives in depths ranging from 60 to 200 feet deep (18m to 60m), over a stretch of almost 2.5 km, has shown that the chariot parts are scattered across the sea bed. Artifacts found include wheels, chariot bodies as well as human and horse bones. Divers have located wreckage on the Saudi coastline opposite Nuweiba as well.

Since 1987, Ron Wyatt found three 4-spoke gilded chariot wheels. Coral does not grow on gold, hence the shape has remained very distinct, although the wood inside the gold veneer has disintegrated making them too fragile to move.

The hope for future expeditions is to explore the deeper waters with remote cameras or mini-subs. (ABOVE GILDED CHARIOT WHEEL - Mute witness to the miracle of the crossing of the Red Sea by the Hebrews 3,500 years ago. Found with metal detector.
    Coral-encrusted chariot wheel, filmed off the Saudi coastline, matches chariot wheels found in Tutankhamen's tomb Mineralized Bone - One of many found at the crossing site (above center). This one Tested by the Dept. of Osteology at Stockholm University, was found to be a human femur, fr! om the r ight leg of a 165-170cm tall man. It is essentially 'fossilized' i.e. replaced by minerals and coral, hence cannot be dated by radiocarbon methods, although this specimen was obviously from antiquity. Chariot wheel and axle covered with coral and up-ended. Exodus 14:25 "And took off their chariot wheels, that they drave them heavily:....." Solomon's memorial pillars WHEN Ron Wyatt first visited Nuweiba in 1978, he found a Phoenician style column lying in the water. Unfortunately the inscriptions had been eroded away, hence the column's importance was not understood until 1984, when a second granite column was found on the Saudi coastline opposite -- identical to the first, except on this one the inscription was still intact! In Phoenician letters (Archaic Hebrew), it contained the words: Mizraim (Egypt); Solomon; Edom; death; Pharaoh; Moses; and Yahweh, indicating that King Solomon had set up these columns as a memorial to the miracle of the crossing of the sea. Saudi Arabia does not admit tourists, and perhaps fearing unauthorized visitors, the Saudi Authorities have since removed this column, and replaced it with a flag marker where it once stood.
    How deep is the water? THE Gulf of Aqaba is very deep, in places over a mile (1,600m) deep. Even with the sea dried up, walking across would be difficult due to the steep grade down the sides. But there is one spot where if the water were removed, it would be an easy descent for people and animals. This is the line between Nuweiba and the opposite shore in Saudi Arabia .

Depth-sounding expeditions have revealed a smooth, gentle slope descending from Nuweiba out into the Gulf. This shows up almost like a pathway on depth-recording equipment, confirming it's Biblica! l descri ption "...a way in the sea, and a path in the mighty waters." (Isaiah 43:16).

The Bible writers frequently refer to the miracle of the Red Sea crossing, for it was an event which finds no equal in history. The Hebrew prophets describe the sea at the crossing site as "...the waters of the great deep ...the depths of the sea..." (Isaiah 51:10). Knowing the exact spot to which the Bible writers were referring, what is the depth there? The distance between Nuweiba and where artifacts have been found on Saudi coast is about 18km (11 miles).

Along this line the deepest point is about 800m (2,600 feet). No wonder that Inspired writers of the Bible described it as the mighty waters. And no wonder that not a single Egyptian survived when the water collapsed in upon them. (above right NUWEIBA BEACH - The spot where the crossing began. )
    (right Model of depths at crossing site.) (leftThe Saudi side also has a beach area
    of a similar size see approximate path.)

(
    below right THE EXODUS ROUTE - With the correct crossing site in the Gulf of Aqaba)

</form>

• bubble
    bubble

Perhaps the crossing did occur just like the bible's account, after all there are a few snippets of actual facts in the bible. There was probably a shallow part that many people used as a crossing and then the tide came in really quickly and drowned them all.

This happened for real in the UK a couple of years ago when 60 Chinese cockle pickers were drowned in Morecombe bay by a really fast rising tide. Most things can be explained scientifically.

• Schism
    Schism

Good!

I'd be so upset if the Bible was real (of course, I don't believe it is..but I'm saying how I'd feel if it was). That would be such a mean thing for a "god of love" to do to some imperfect warriors just because they fell short, lol. I'd say he would have given them a chance to be repentent after killing Moses if he was actually real and made out of a big ball of flaming love!

Why can't I find this thread without looking in my profile?????????

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

Do a Goggle search on Ron Wyatt. He's considered a scam artist. Claims to have also discovered Noah's ark!

As one website notes, his work is completely ignored by the scientific community. He's a nurse/anesthetist, not an archaeologist.

S4

• Mystla
    Mystla

This website debunks the whole thing: http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v21/i2/ark.asp

Pharaoh’s chariots?

Some unsolicited evidence also came our way concerning the alleged chariot wheels of the Exodus (which have never been made available to any archaeologists, Bible-believing or otherwise). There is a Jonathan Gray video purporting to show these on the bottom of the Red Sea. In one part, Gray claims that a ‘British Admiralty chart’ he is holding shows a ‘sand bridge’ with great depths either side.

The hydrographic office of the UK Ministry of Defense is, by international agreement, the authority for charting the Red Sea. A Mrs M. H. sent them the video; they wrote back to her that:

• Gray’s chart could be positively identified on blowups as United States chart no. 62020.

• ‘Contrary to Mr Gray’s statement, the “sand bridge” is not now, and never has been, a recognizable feature on British Admiralty Charts. Nor is it recognizable on the U.S. chart held by Mr Gray.’

• Gray’s comments about the ‘great depths’ also mislead.

• The naturally lit video footage of the sea floor could not possibly have been filmed anywhere near the spot claimed by Gray, as insufficient light would penetrate at that depth.

Subsequently, Gray published a second letter from the same office, claiming it vindicated his claims of a ‘sand bridge.’ However, when we checked with them, they wrote that their comments had been ‘seriously edited,’ with ‘selected parts’ shown under their letterhead. The full letter, which they sent us, ‘does not confirm the existence of a “sand bridge.”’

In short, whenever we have had the opportunity to objectively assess any of these claims, the same pattern emerges as from our ‘Ark’ investigation

Hope this helps!

Misty

• Schism
    Schism

Thanks Seeker and Mystla! He was a nut case after all!

Don't you find it insane how, when scientists and archeologists say there's no proof of the Bible, JWs say, "well they're not perfect and they don't know everything". But when they think a scientist/archeologist is trying to prove the Bible, they are like, "trust them, they are experts, they must know!"

• Sam87
    Sam87

WHEN Ron Wyatt first visited Nuweiba in 1978, he found a Phoenician style column lying in the water. Unfortunately the inscriptions had been eroded away, hence the column's importance was not understood until 1984, when a second granite column was found on the Saudi coastline opposite -- identical to the first, except on this one the inscription was still intact! In Phoenician letters (Archaic Hebrew), it contained the words: Mizraim (Egypt); Solomon; Edom; death; Pharaoh; Moses; and Yahweh, indicating that King Solomon had set up these columns as a memorial to the miracle of the crossing of the sea. Saudi Arabia does not admit tourists, and perhaps fearing unauthorized visitors, the Saudi Authorities have since removed this column, and replaced it with a flag marker where it once stood.

Damnit now i cant change the font! lol, what about the above quote? i cant seem to find anything that disproves these columns, could they be true? does anyone have any other info on these?

• skyking
    skyking

One prominent Elder here locally quit the BOORG because he was going to prove the crossing was real, he became obsessed with it. Traveling to the Red Sea with his few followers and sking for permission to do excuvation at the point he thought was the correct location.

Ladielyberty lives close to were I do and she know doubts know this mans name, his name escapes me at the moment. Anyhow, if the bible is correct it could not have been the Red Sea. The Red Sea is a mistranslation and this is the main reason I am sure this is Bull Shit because the real translation is the SEA OF REEDS.

I have like wise have looked at this claim and have not been able to find anything to substantiate his claim. Plus as I said he is looking at the wrong place if the crossing is were he says it is then once again the bible is wrong becasue it says the Red Sea.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Is this the story of Moses crossing with the Isrealites?..There is a reef at that spot..Napolean crossed at the same spot..It`s history...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit