JC's - I think I would go...

by Justice-One 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

I was thinking about a comment I made on another thread about how I would feel if my true feelings and life came to the attention of the Overseers. (I really like the term Overseers better, as in my mind I can see them cracking a whip.) I mentioned that I thought I would feel like the old man in the movie Water World, that was sitting in the small boat on top of the oil in the super tanker. Remember what he said as the flare hit the oil, and right before it (and he) blew up?.....he said "oh thank God."

I think this is how I would feel. To once and for all time to be completely free, with no affort whatsoever to pretend to be something I'm not. Then I got to thinking on whether or not I will go to a JC if I'm ever "invited." At first I thought I wouldn't, because I would not want them to feel they have any power over me at all. And then I listened to to the "JC Audio Recording" thread, and changed my mind. I now think I would go. Do you think they would even start the meeting if I showed up in my "hunting" clothes? (Woodland BDU's) and jump boots? Hmmmm? Then when they thanked me for coming, my response with a big smile would be, "oh, I wouldn't have missed this for the world." Of course as they said the prayer, I would just sit and stare at them, instead of bowing my head like a good little drone. - I guess the rest of the meeting would just go downhill from there, but the bottom line is that I would make it VERY clear to these gas-pumpers that they mean nothing to me anymore, and that they have been mislead "from infancy."

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I think Overlords is a better description

• unbeliever
    unbeliever

I think if you are emotionally vulnerable it's a very bad idea to go. If you are done with the org, want to record it, post it on the net for laughs I say go for it.

• Justice-One
    Justice-One

Well I would certainly be in NO DANGER of suddenly realizing that I had been a bad boy, and begging forgivness. I see these idiots as complete jokes, not men of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit