Plans for this Christmas and New Years ???

by Cabin in the woods 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Ok, I am curious if there are any plans for ex JWs for these holidays. They are my first in 33 years and it looks now like they are going to be just the way that the last ones have been spent. Any ideas? I live in Vt. and if anyone is familiar with any cool places to go then I would love to check them out. Remember please that I will be solo so dont make them too wild, ok? I know it is a bit of a strange thread but as the time is nearer I realize that this is one area that I have not ironed out yet. Although I was not able to get a tree or decorate this time I would like to have a bit of gentle fun before it is over. Thank you.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Hi Cabin...

I am much surprized that no one has answered your thread. Must not be any people from your state that posts on JWD..or they are fading and can't say.

I don't live in your area or close...so I don't know what to suggest.

Do you have a town close by that has a pub with live music during that time?

That would be a great way to meet people...

Hang in there.... (I hate seeing threads not answered especially from a nice person like you)

Codeblue

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

OK, I'll bite on this one, too!! Personally, I have no plans, none, zip, notta!! That is unless prince charming comes along, and.......geesh, I can dream!!

I live right smack in the middle of Missouri Misery. So, if anyone knows anything, or whatever..........!

Come on peeps, respond to the thread, or me and coldeblue will have to get ya!!!!! LOL

shelley

• Kaput
    Kaput

Some suggestions: Book a holiday get-away pkg. at a bed & breakfast, inn or hotel. Go for a walk at a decorated town common. Find a restaurant that's open on Xmas or New Years and treat yourself. Take in a flick at the local movie house (if they're open). Stay home and watch A Christmas Story, It's A Wonderful Life, or Miracle on 34th Street. I'll be doin' a couple of these, for sure.

• Highlander
    Highlander

I'm taking my j-dub wife to Las Vegas. Even better,, it was her idea. :)

• choosing life
    choosing life

Theatres are open on Christmas. They are even crowded. Guess those who celebrate get bored later in the day too. You could take in a couple of flicks, if you like.

I have to work, so I have my plans dictated. Hope you find something to do. I remember many a boring Christmas sitting at home while the world around me is celebrating.

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

Thank you all so much for the responses and ideas! I was feeling a bit clueless. I now have a bit of direction and think that I will follow through on one of those paths. Hugs to all, cabs/Mary

• Honesty
    Honesty

Got any non - JW friends?

We are all getting together to watch the kids open their gifts (My son will not be in attendance due to his mother's enslavement to a demon cult) and then we're going to the mall to see a movie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit