I just emailed the Dr. Phil show

by J-ex-W 55 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

I did it! I just emailed the Dr. Phil Show with significant aspects of my story--not just the JW stuff but with being a large part of the complicated picture and said I would be willing to air my issues on their show. The hidden horrors of marital sex abuse and of sleep-rape, specifically, must be EXPOSED to the general public. Too many believe that it's not even POSSIBLE to rape a sleeping woman...and they are SOOOO WRONG, as my firsthand experience attests!!! There are issues within issues that need to be addressed here. I responded to their upcoming show topic of, Do you need help resolving an ethical dilemma? I told them I need help resolving SEVERAL--all of them intertwined (and all of them significantly impacted by the JW influence in my life and over the lives of my family).

Does anyone else want to speak about anything, on that same episode, perhaps, should the show call me? I'm thinking of JW cover-up related stuff (sex abuse, especially, by not only pedophiles but by JW husbands of their wives--or of JW wives by their worldly husbands) and of the significant efforts of NON-help made my the JW elders when approached with requests for legitimate help. ANYONE who would even contemplate lending their face/ voice to this forum on the Dr. Phil Show, please respond to this thread here. I'm tired of protecting everyone else at my own expense. I need some kind of justice, if only of the kind which says, That which is covered will be made uncovered. [paraphrasing] And, certainly--anyone who wants to--feel free to write your own story to the Dr. Phil Show to expose the evils that thrive under WTBS cover. (If you do, it would be nice if you'd say so here, so others can be encouraged by your courage.)

• kls
    kls

Hey , good for you. I hope you get on and they can be of some help

• reneeisorym
    reneeisorym

I was one click away from doing the same thing when they had the topic something to do with your parents disowning you. I didn't because I was afraid my parents would get extremely upset and wouldn't do it anyway.

• DazedAndConfused
    DazedAndConfused

J I am very interested. But only if the show would put me in shadows and masks my voice. I mean REALLY mask things. I have seen shows where you can still see the person and could recognise them if you knew them.

edited to add: sexual, mental and physical abuse by JW husband. Sexual abuse by a Judge in our town at 4 years old.

• dvw
    dvw

"sleep rape"? that sounds more like jerry springer than dr. phil.

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

dvw it happens and you feel very violated.

• catrin
    catrin

I'd not heard the term "sleep-rape" before, but I identify with it.

As a dub wife, yes this happened on a regular basis ... so HE could get to sleep.

It also happened to me when I offered a long-time acquaintance my couch because he was too drunk to drive home after dinner. I awoke with him on top of me, and dumped him off at his boat at the marina. Without his forgotton coat, at 4am, in the cold rain. And TOLD EVERYONE we both knew.

Unfortunately I was always so embarrased over a date-rape scenario that I never reported any of them.

• dvw
    dvw

please explain this. ive never heard of it. do you wake up? it seems impossible to me. if you wake up and say "no", isnt it just "rape"? if you dont wake up, what in the world is going on?

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

Thank you for asking. It shows a much greater level of concern for the welfare of the victims than those who just say, Can't happen.

What happens is: The perp take great pains to make sure that he is slow and careful about prepping his victim WITHOUT WAKING HER UP. If he is completely successful, he complete the entire act in utter secrecy, without even her knowing it has happened. This is what went on with Mary on the Dr. Phil Show, which her husband Steve fully confessed to on national TV. And I know it can happen, because my ex- used to do it to me.

What he would do is, first of all, absolutely INSIST that I sleep naked every night (regardless that I would wake up freezing and take forever to warm up and to get back to sleep again [after finally putting clothes on] in the middle of the night). On some nights, after I had said no for whatever reason, he would sneak it anyway. A few times I woke up to him prepping me with oral--told him to knock it off. But many times, because I was exhausted and in a deep sleep, he managed to slowly and carefully make his way through the whole process (I slept on my stomach most of the time). Then I would wake up to him putting a towel between my legs after the fact. I think it was the cold of his body having moved away from me that woke me then.

He even admitted to me in a frank discussion one time that the handful of times that I had been aware of him doing that was far less than the actual number. Also, he would at other times insist that, after sex, he stay joined inside me, spoon fashion, in order to go to sleep. Then sometimes, I would wake to him having another 'round' at it without my participation. To be honest, I don't know if my oldest son, in particular, was conceived in this way or not.

Mary, from the Dr. Phil Show, had been in absolute shock to find she was pregnant when, as far as she knew, they hadn't had sex for months. Then, as I said, her husband admitted on national TV having raped her in this way (though emphasis on the word rape was laid low, since Mary wasn't ready to absorb that ugly reality yet. The admission alone was shock enough).

Anyway, THAT'S how it happens. And if anyone had said such a thing to me before I had experienced it myself, I think I would have found it very hard to believe it also. Less for the supposed impossibility of the act, and more for the incredible creepiness of it! I mean, who on earth would think of such a thing??! But, apparently, some people do.

• J-ex-W
    J-ex-W

>reneeisorym< It's said that threat of shunning is what silences so many truth-tellers. To be honest, what has finally taken that fear away from me at this point is that two of my sons are already freezing me out (because of parental alienation syndrome--their dad has physical custody). My oldest son just turned 18 and has said he'd like to visit me in January. I'm hoping he will, but I can't let threat of his shunning me stop me from moving forward with TRUTH and with living my life, now that I'm finally ready to embrace moving on. I hope you find your courage and your peace with whatever consequences loom. What, just out of curiousity, was your topic of choice that you were contemplating responding to on the Dr. Phil website?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit