When is a fade finished?

by Nellie 38 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Finally-Free....."are basing your conclusion on something you know nothing about. Only an idiot does that. "

Wow another stirring compasionate comment...funny about your name , it seems to indicate a bit of time involved in leaving yourself

Maybe you need a name change.....Finally F****ed

• penny2
    penny2

Interesting thread! In my case, fading bought me time to get used to the idea that each day with my family might be my last. 2 decades later ....... yep, let that be a warning to all new faders!!!

YOU ONLY LIVE ONCE! This is not a dress rehearsal for the real thing.

love to you all!

penny2

• compound complex
    compound complex

The Free Minds Journal, vol. 19, no. 2, Apr/Jun 2000

Letter re: Shunning by a Witness, p.3, author anonymous

Previous to the excerpt below is a former JW's account of being called before the elders after 33 month's of no meeting attendance. He had no association with JWs outside those of his wife's family. He was faulted for keeping company with a DFd person and, while he appealed to the elders on the basis of the April 1,1987 WT and the FLOCK book to hold off on the matter, they moved ahead to DF him.

"What this goes to show is that it is very, very difficult for a person to quietly and conscientiouly leave the JWs on their own terms, even after an extended period of inactivity. JWs are well trained in doublethink to believe that the disfellowshipping procedure is good and healthy. The elders even went to the extent of telling me that my course will lead me to die at the hands of Jehovah 'Real Soon Now' and that as Jehovah's people they are not interested in what outsiders think and feel about their motives or actions because they will be vindicated in the End."

Disfellowshipping is Good and Healthy?

Compound-Complex

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Wow another stirring compasionate comment...funny about your name , it seems to indicate a bit of time involved in leaving yourself

Maybe you need a name change.....Finally F****ed

Funny about some people. No matter how simple a statement is, some people are still too stupid to comprehend them. Maybe it's your own name that needs to be changed - perhaps to eternaldummy.

My comment earlier was referring to the idiocy of someone making blanket statements about letters they have never read, and therefore cannot have any knowledge about. However, I'm not at all surprised that the concept is way over your head. After all, the comment was only made a week ago, hardly long enough for someone as feeble minded as yourself to digest it.

W

• wozadummy
    wozadummy

Finally Free

Are you still trying to break free?

We just had a flock of your sqwarking relatives fly over

• willyloman
    willyloman

Now he says that next year we will have lights at Christmas outside. We no longer feel their authority in our case and will tell them so. We have nothing to fear from them. If they want to df us, they can make up stuff to do it for like they did to our child.

Quandry: I totally relate to what y'all are going through and feeling. Good for you! Never forget that we ex-dubs, who had the courage to leave, hold the moral high ground in any discussion with our former cell mates.

• Mulan
    Mulan

What willyloman says is true. The elders do not read the disassociation letter, so don't try to convince them of anything. They skim read it to see what your intention is, and then you are disassociated, and announced as such.

I feel it's best to let them do the work. We have not da'd and won't do it intentionally. Some day it may happen, but having a Christmas tree for the past 5 years hasn't done it yet. Well................last year we were in Hawaii, so that doesn't count.

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    The elders do not read the disassociation letter, so don't try to convince them of anything. They skim read it to see what your intention is, and then you are disassociated, and announced as such.

Exactly!

I know we must all do what we consider right and I also know that no twoo people's situation is alike. Having said that, in my view DA'ing is a self-defeating option. Why? Because it recognises that a group of men still have power in your life. If they are truly the irrelevancy which you wish them to be then surely there would be no contact with them whatsoever. They should be as strangers.

OK, that's my view.

When is the fade complerte? Probably when we've left the anger alone and are finally at peace in our lives.

• wozadummy
    wozadummy
    I pretty much agree with Ozzie , I just stopped going after expressing my opinions at the book study and privately to the elders on some things and now I'm feeling a sense of peace and less anger,and they don't bother to look me up since my wife DA'd.

Everyones circumstance must be different for we are individuals and some are surrounded by different family members still in, so making judgements on what to do is now put back on us since leaving , unlike when still a JW and not making our own decisions( but just checking what the WTS says) and following their advised course on things.

For instance it might be beneficial to consider finishing a fade by DAing ,for a person might consider it a good move to have the DA announced at the hall if it may affect the people there by wondering why you would leave, especially if you were popular and everyone then started to query why .This happened to my wife ,they could'nt understand why she DA'd and then the Pioneer sister told the congo members she left because of her elder father molesting her for years and the WTS took no action against him (this of course brought the wrath of the elders against the sister for blabbing). My wife had good reason to fade quickly ,then DA and it affected the congo ,to what extent we'll have to see. As for me, I resent at the moment going out of my way to go to the elders and DA ,as if they still meant something to me but that could change one day, in the mean time I can have access to JW's to sow seeds of doubt which I don't think I could iff I DA'd.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit