'Worship in vain?!?'

by darth frosty 4 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

I was reading another post that mentioned a line from the truth book, "since we do not want our worship to be in vain, it is important for each of usto examine his religion." Of course the society has reiterated this concept throughout the years. Its how they break down a persons beliefs and introduce doubt into their minds. My thought though is, this is a presumtuous way to attack ones beliefs. It also (as is always the case) puts god in a very bad light.

At the core of all of the witnesses problems is their lack of respect for others beliefs and feelings. To claim to speak for god is one thing to show absolutely no compassion in the name of god is another. To say that someones worship is in vain is to blatently assume the position of god and judge of that person. Most witnesses when confronted with such evidence will deny such conclusions, but their actions re-enforce them. God is suppose to be loving and accepting of all people, sadly the dubs do not put much stock in such scriptures about impartiality.

Of course most of us on this board already have come to similar conclusions, but I find it helpfull for me to sometimes write out such thoughts and reasonings.

Thaks for listning.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

You're welcome

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Good post darth

The parable of the Pharisee and the tax collector (Luke 18:9-14) comes to mind when I think about this.

Whose worship was in vain there, and more important why?!

• Mary
    Mary
    At the core of all of the witnesses problems is their lack of respect for others beliefs and feelings. To claim to speak for god is one thing to show absolutely no compassion in the name of god is another. To say that someones worship is in vain is to blatently assume the position of god and judge of that person. Most witnesses when confronted with such evidence will deny such conclusions, but their actions re-enforce them.

Exactly. To them, anyone outside the Borganization is toast. It makes no difference if you're Adolf Hitler or Mother Theresa-----you're deemed as "part of Satan's world". Of course, the goons at the top think they have every Right to judge people now. Aren't they going to be sitting with Christ "judging the 12 tribes of Israel" and the entire world??? Why wait?!

Actions always speak louder than words and I will never forget the scene I watched on Dateline where an entire congregation showed up in court to support a f**king pedophile, while shunning the victim. The mentality is set:

Meeting attendence + field service / (molesting children + alcoholism) x position in the congregation + ass kissing = True Christianity

Independent thinking + belief in a heavenly destination / (celebrating Xmas and birthdays) + charity work + love of Christ = Apostacy

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

This is all very true, but to be fair the argument of "worship in vain" is used by a number of Bible texts, sometimes (ironically) from opposite perspectives. E.g. Romans 10:2ff and Matthew 7:21ff, which both belong to the JW's pet quotes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit