My story, concluded.

by Paralipomenon 14 Replies latest jw friends

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

Each and every person who wants to break free from the hold of the Watchtower Society has to go on their own quest for answers. It is amazing, but it seems that there are many out there who lead a "worldly" life yet still in the back of their minds think that Jehovah's Witnesses have "the truth". For some reason they think that the moment that Armageddon starts, they will jump back to the Kingdom Hall and make like good little Witnesses. Ain't gonna happen. Armageddon, that is. So, why hang on?

See if you can get her to read Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz. That book is a Must Read for anyone trying to get out from under the influence of the Watchtower Society. It de-mystifies the organization. If she has read this book and still clings to the organization, then I am at a loss as to what can be done. I guess my point is that while You can know what a snare and racket this religion is, she has to prove it to herself, and there is nothing you can say or do for her to change her mind.

Dave

• Junction-Guy
    Junction-Guy

You are definitely in one heck of a bind here. Im sorry you are going through this mess. Why not tell her that the children should be allowed to decide for themselves. As long as you dont oppose her, I find this to be a reasonable compromise. Being forced to be raised a JW is horrible for the kids. The JW lifestye and doctrines have emotionally destroyed many people. These children need a chance to have a normal life without all of the JW nonsene. Hang in there and be strong for your children.---Dave

• truthseeker
    truthseeker

Para,

I am also going through what you are. It got to the point that my wife said if I don't just leave she'll tell the elders how I feel about the "troof".

But I know that deep down, if I were to leave, she would have major depression and probably would end up looking to leave me anyway.

As it is, I reached a compromise - I won't discuss WT stuff with her if she stops pressuring me to be whole souled.

I miss most of the meetings, go out about once a month in service (never talk to anyone) and invent my time slip.

That way, life's not too dififcult right now.I get to do what I want to do. I have friends in the org, but I know they would shun me if I left.

I would not advise disassociating - it's too much of a legal thing. The slow fade is better, it preserves some relationships, but not all.

Just my 2c.

• moshe
    moshe

Your wife is like a horse trying to get back to his safe secure stall in the barn- except that the barn is on fire. She should see it is not safe, but the mind can't control the actions. I found out where I stood with my JW wife, too went I outed myself. Get both of you into marriage counseling asap- . Find one that has knowledge of cults. Good luck. It takes an impartial 3rd party to open the dialoge.

good luck to you,

Moshe

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so sorry I missed you when you joined ,These post are so old ... Can you tell me if wify is still with you?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit