foreign language congregations

by SB 4 Replies latest jw friends

• SB
    SB

i was thinking this morning, that the biggest step towards me being mentally free from WT doctrine, was joining a foreign language congregation. I did well w/the language, and even traveled to the country for about a year to pioneer. but while out of the U.S., i did very little personal study, prayer, or reading of the WT. my mind finally had time to breathe, while experiencing a new interesting culture.

so, anyone wanting to fade, but can't do it right away, i would definately suggest a foreign language. one you've never studied before. it's interesting, and everyone will be like, "well, we will miss them in our hall, but they are going to help where the need is great, and that's great." :)

anyone else have this experience?

SB

• mariposa
    mariposa

I went to the spanish language cong. because the need was great. I learned the language pretty fast but as for personal study, there was none. I never went to any other countries. I would scan through the wt and find the answer to a question I thought I could pronounce and answered that one. Most meetings I didn't understand a thing and that was a well needed break from everything! There were so many new words that aren't used regularly it was tough to keep up, esp when we were studying the Daniel book!

I would say going to those cong was the first step to my way out.

• mariposa
    mariposa

Oh yeah and as for fading...it's GREAT!!! No one in my old cong knew or even seemed to care if I ever saw them out and about. THey just asked how the spanish bros and sisters were. I second SB's recommendation!

• Chameleon
    Chameleon

What if you've been in a foreign language cong. all your life? Something I've noticed about english cong. is less attendance and less lively.

• kid-A
    kid-A

Its always excellent to learn a new langauge, but do it an a private language school or university....not in dubland.

I have known several english speakers that did this and they became 150% more gung-ho and Watchtower fanatic after moving "where the need was greater"....

In my area, the foreign language congos are far more zealous and fanatic then the english kingdumb halls, which could conceivably cause even greater problems when

trying to leave.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit